Boston Crusaders 2023

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

After watching the clip from the park, love how you can almost visualize the show from the concert performance. Great uniforms too! Here’s hoping to a great year for BAC!

Yes !. Its going to be a musically accessible and visually stunning Drum Corps show for most Drum Corps fans this summer:thumbup:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LabMaster said:

If you are still in the area, they are too and back into daily rehearsal mode.

no we left the next day for a fun filled rainy day at LegoLand NY

On 6/21/2023 at 4:41 PM, jjeffeory said:

Now, BAC doesn't need to have this anymore, they're one of the big boys! I'm really excited for them!

My older brother marched with the Crusaders and he would say even in the lean years, they still felt they were one of the big boys.

• Like 5

Giants.  Particularly in the lean years.

I've a good friend who marched Mandarins back in the day when, "We'd practically just grab people off the street and put a horn in their hands and teach them to play to get to 30 horns."   His days were long over and past, and frankly, he'd not followed the activity much again until word started spreading, "They might make finals..."  He told me he literally wept when they made finals the first time just because he was remembering how desperate they were in his time.

BAC taking the championship (when it comes) will be that for those from the lean years I imagine.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just watched Concert in the Park, and I’m definitely on board with this musically!!!  Not a fan of the uniforms at all, but right now that doesn’t even matter to me!

Can’t stop listening to concert in the park! Looking forward to this coming season!

23 hours ago, Lance said:

From the little I've seen I think this show is incredible.  A real contender.  And I haven't even heard/seen any of their rendition of the Vaughan William yet.  Wow. 

I have seen the entire show with drill  choreo, guard work,  props and everything else. Not trying to diminish in any way the importance of the CIP performance standstill, but the actual show is an entirely different experience.  I think fans of BAC will be astounded when they see the shows this weekend, and even the folks who are not BAC fans will be able to appreciate the corps and its growth. I can't believe the first show is in 4 days!

• Like 3