Carolina Crown 2023

19 hours ago, 90svet said:

Well, BD DID have an off night, again. 🙂 🙂 🙂 .... so don't read too much into it.

I’m very curious what’s going on there. Very very atypical for BDs. 

19 hours ago, craiga said:

Just a reaction to all the comments last night about Boston and Crown numbers not be legit because we weren't on the same night as BD....

Which is BS .. DCI even states Allentown is judged as one event.
Let’s get Crown and BAC into Gold and Silver… or vice versa. But that would be an epic throw the baby moment.
Given the scoring lately who the heck knows.  I’m expecting big numbers for Bloo and BAC tonight .. 🤡

Edited by BWise
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, BWise said:

I’m very curious what’s going on there. Very very atypical for BDs. 

I have genuinely no idea, my only guess is they've just been doing a lot of shows + incorporating a lot of changes all in one go. Maybe 3-4 days of dedicated rehearsal is exactly what they need to tighten everything up 

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I have genuinely no idea, my only guess is they've just been doing a lot of shows + incorporating a lot of changes all in one go. Maybe 3-4 days of dedicated rehearsal is exactly what they need to tighten everything up 

Yeah .. they looked off at NightBeat even. Atlanta they were on it.
Idk. It’s weird .. the closer .. just isn’t clean .. and it’s not getting cleaner. I’ve seen it since Atlanta .. and perc.  ?!? 
Guard is inconsistent. I’m not beating up on them they are undefeated .. but they’re getting chased pretty hard. Again atypical. Usually this is when they put the Blue Devil into high gear and sprint to gold. I don’t see that this year. 

of course I’d prefer Crown 👑 take it all. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BWise said:

Yeah .. they looked off at NightBeat even. Atlanta they were on it.
Idk. It’s weird .. the closer .. just isn’t clean .. and it’s not getting cleaner. I’ve seen it since Atlanta .. and perc.  ?!? 
Guard is inconsistent. I’m not beating up on them they are undefeated .. but they’re getting chased pretty hard. Again atypical. Usually this is when they put the Blue Devil into high gear and sprint to gold. I don’t see that this year. 

of course I’d prefer Crown 👑 take it all. 

As a BD honk I can’t concur on that last sentence, but if there had to be a corps to topple BD this season, I really, really, hope it’s Crown 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Is there anything like the Crown set? In anything? So iconic, doesn’t matter if you know it’s coming, if you’ve already seen it a hundred times…it always always makes me cheer!

• Like 8

I was at the Pittsburgh show last night and Carolina Crown was in top form. We were wowed with the show. It is so much cleaner now from a visual perspective. The percussion line is really sounding good and their music is well written. Brass was so amazing...almost darn perfect to my ears. My girlfriend was dropping her jaw through most of the show. She is a choral educator. It's a real dogfight this year. Crown, BD, Bloo, and Boston could all win. Maybe we get a 4-way tie. Who knows, but seeing Crown live is so different from the streams. My heart was so happy to see Carolina in person (and BD too...they were spectacular as well). Crown's music book may be my favorite this summer. That is saying a lot too because I love BD's book, love Boston, and Cadets are thrilling. I wish I could go to Finals. This would be the year to go. I hope we get a repeat of this kind of competitive year next summer. 

Anyway, congrats Carolina Crown. You blew that crowd away last night. It was state-of-the art and I loved every second. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sensioto said:

Would it not be fun, in an alternate dimension, to have this year's theme have been Triple Crown, like in 2007? Considering we essentially have a four-horse race going into Indianapolis this weekend. Certainly seems we will have a "photo finish!" 

That ballad was, and still is, exquisite in my opinion!

• Like 2

OK. I have a typical cultural understanding of Camelot, Excalibur, etc. and I can enjoy a show based on casual references to Knights of the Round Table. 

However, Crown has intentionally introduced specific characters and I am still having trouble resolving their story line. I get King Arthur and the Sword in the Stone. I get Sir Lancelot and the hanky-panky with Queen Gweneviere. I am guessing about a Mordred character stabbing King Arthur. But after that the show seems to be about herald trumpets, battle imagery, power chords, and then King Arthur seems to recover and run back to his throne. I don't get it. Am I the only one?

• Like 2