Carolina Crown 2023

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Don't forget when they did a story show and absolutely ruined it by rewriting the ending. They don't change relentless ending they win and you can't change my mind. 

While understanding their rationale for it, there’s no denying the original ending had the GE. Sure the new ending was as nice as they could make it, but it didn’t pack the punch. 

• Like 2

I know some will disagree but given that this show was the same summer as one of the worst shootings in US history (PULSE nightclub in Orlando), and given the activity’s close ties to the LGBTQ community, I’m ok with the more peaceful ending. 

Edited by crownisking
  • Like 2

And I stand by that, even if it did cost Crown a championship. But FWIW, I firmly believe Bloo had a show that no one was going to beat that year. I believed that from my first viewing. 

• Like 2

I’ve talked to Leon and Keith about this because I’m a big fan of the show. Both claim that the ending was always planned to move towards the “spare him” 

Yes it loses some emotion but I think it’s still the right choice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fighterkit said:

I’ve talked to Leon and Keith about this because I’m a big fan of the show. Both claim that the ending was always planned to move towards the “spare him” 

Yes it loses some emotion but I think it’s still the right choice

Interesting this topic should come up today. Actually a bit serendipitous….

Before I logged on this p.m., I was listening to ‘16 while making deliveries at work. As luck would have it, I heard both renditions.  Since I was driving, sans video. 

I recall, well, the absolute poo storm that it raised on these pages, and given the zeitgeist that summer, understand why it was changed. There is no denying [at least to my ears], however, that the former ending was superior musically.

And while I live & die by that little corps from South Mills every summer and consider Relentless in the pantheon of Crown GOATS, nobody was beating DSU in 2016.

Again, in my humble opinion. 

Edited by nsxanax
Spelling

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

And I stand by that, even if it did cost Crown a championship. But FWIW, I firmly believe Bloo had a show that no one was going to beat that year. I believed that from my first viewing. 

i don't think it cost them the championship...maybe they woulda overtaken BD for silver...but it was still a hell of a show that won them their first color guard award and taken back the ott they lost in 2014 and 2015. 

Edited by WildcatMello
  • Like 3

First (blurry) look at the prop(s). This was just posted on Crown's facebook.

349294609_799946547968503_33374833785713

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, crownisking said:

First (blurry) look at the prop(s). This was just posted on Crown's facebook.

349294609_799946547968503_33374833785713

Looks like a knight or King being carried on a prop with a crown.. Giving me 2016 vibes!! Looks exciting! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crownisking said:

I know some will disagree but given that this show was the same summer as one of the worst shootings in US history (PULSE nightclub in Orlando), and given the activity’s close ties to the LGBTQ community, I’m ok with the more peaceful ending. 

yup. and IMO the ending isn' what lost the show. EA visual and percussion was.

5 hours ago, crownisking said:

That 5th place percussion had more to do with it than the closer. 

But Bloo was the best that year. They won fair and square, no excuses. 

• Like 2