The Cadets 2023

7 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I understand. To be honest, I'm a bit worried about this activity as a whole based on what's going on with SCV and the crap that's been going on with Cadets as of late. 

Agree - I fear we are not yet done with Corps folding for 2023 season. 😢

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Never heard of him. 

Former Cadet

• Like 1

His bio is in Cadets' press release.  Was their visual consultant last summer and apparently was with them every day of ST and tour.

9 hours ago, craiga said:

His bio is in Cadets' press release.  Was their visual consultant last summer and apparently was with them every day of ST and tour.

1 hour ago, musicteacher said:

Not to mention the outstanding work he did for Boston in a variety of roles, indoor guard and marching band.

He is certainly qualified and has a track record of getting the job done.

Well let's hope he steers The Cadets back on track because I'm fed up with the dramatics coming from adults nowadays. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 6

I always wanted The Cadets to do "On the Grand Prairie Texas" by David Holsinger. Some similarities with many of Holsinger's works, but the show design could be pretty cool if handled somewhat similar to how they told the story of a young man moving west to find his dreams from this past summer. The music itself is beautiful and solemn in the opening and middle, and fast and furious in the 2nd part and at the end. It's not super modern or contemporary but it certainly has the excitement you would expect for field. This performance below is of the Texas H.S. All-State Symphonic Band from 2008. It's not perfect or super tight but I love the energy of the young people performing it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBHT71bCyIQ

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1

Just now, CadetDood said:

Yes, I've done some poking around with the corps admin and think Brian is a solid hire for the Cadets. I think the Cadets are going to be in a great place this year. 

I've been on panels with him, and he has judged a few of my groups. Always quality information. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1