The Cadets 2023

34 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

It's been rumored for a while now but there's an official letter floating around from a board member that they are working with the folks in Erie about the potential move.  I was trying to post it but...  

No WC Corps is really from any one place any more, so other than a PO Box to receive snail mail & someplace to park a few truck trailers, why does it matter where Cadets are based out of?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

That is the one where the last payment ‘balloons’ to be large, correct?   Like many financial things, I suppose it has use in specific situations.  But I can’t imagine how it could be good for a Drum Corps.  

Yes; Think they're more suited for short term borrowers that offer a lower interest rate & lower payment.  But then, boom!  I'd stay away... 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

It's been rumored for a while now but there's an official letter floating around from a board member that they are working with the folks in Erie about the potential move.  I was trying to post it but...  

Saw a copy of this letter and it’s what I read in the Erie circular which I stupidly threw out.

Basically Cadets had 5 week camp in Erie last year and really appreciated the support and resources they got. Setting things up for another camp in Erie this year. Sooooo Cadets liked Erie, Erie liked Cadets so they are talking about a move.

So is you know who’s problem really the move talks or he took more flack for going to Allentown (poor me).

FYI: there has been corps presence in Erie for decades (all age, Jr, alumni, Jr and sr shows). The group running things has been together for a while and has their act together.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, kdaddy said:

So the Cadets are potentially relocating to Erie?

This is from the Facebook of a disgraced former director...

Just after the summer , I addressed the “word on the street” that the  Cadets were relocating to Erie, Pa. I also included that the Blue Devils would be acquiring the Cadets as part of the Blue Devils Pagentry Association . Pretty much the airwaves have been silent 

I did hear that attendance at the early camps were poor , we have seen the internal adjustments to staff and leadership but … nothing of any substance.

Until now …. 

Attached is the relocation update. It’s interesting that a move 460 miles from the original Garfield , NJ address is not illiciting the commentary and hate my partners and when we moved out offices a short stretch to the Eastern home of DCI ,Allentown , Pa 

As for the Blue Devils , info is hard to find but such an acquisition would be the ONLY way the Cadets survive . There is no income source . No bands . Limited interest . Minimal Fundraising .

As a point of reference the Santa Clara Vanguard closed the doors with a 1.5 million dollar net bingo . The Cadets and YEA! Did have a $400k band program , 300k in corporate assistance —- and more … but now ? Little to nothing . The departure of USBands to the Blue Devils with no known return signals the end of the line … unless there is something dramatic coming ?

Merry Christmas to all …
And watch for another big shift in the drum corps activity with the New Year

From what I've heard the Erie news is legitimate, but the BD buying out Cadets news is just fearmongering by Hoppy. The Cadets have been working more with BDPA for joint US Bands projects now that BD owns US Bands, and I believe the management of the two corps collaborate frequently on how best to run their corps. I don't think BD has the money or the desire to own the Cadets though, what could they hope to gain from owning the corps other than having to fund a fourth drum corps on a national tour? The move to Erie seems to be a smart one, from what I've heard the corps doesn't get any special offers or deals from the city of Allentown anymore. Where as Erie provides a move-ins site for a generous price and is actively trying to convince the corps to relocate there (something that's unfortunately uncommon for corps in the modern world). I think corps need to do whatever they can to cut costs, and I think this move to Erie will help Cadets to lower costs for the corps and potentially bring in more revenue streams through community involvement. Excited to see official word from the corps, hopefully soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Lol if the Erie move goes through the folks in Erie already have my address (and at least one knows my face) for fundraising. To be serious I’d be more willing to donate because it’s the Erie group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Was the letter shared on the FB post from The Cadets' Board member Greg Cinzio, sent to current members, alumni, etc, or was it printed from their website?  Just curious; there's not a date on the letter.  (It has been tri folded to fit in a business envelope.)  🤔

It's obvious from his post that he wants to see them fail.  So much narcissism in each & every post.      

Indeed, he shared the letter also...

321862632_725488238671523_46715187299023

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Indeed, he shared the letter also...

321862632_725488238671523_46715187299023

That’s what was in the circular from the Erie group that I received. This might be the circular itself with only this page posted. That would explain the trifold to fit the envelope. No idea who else received this letter.
Mine came with an annual raffle notice for the group. If that’s what “this person” received then I hope they bought a #### ticket. And Hope I win for once. 😈

Edited by JimF-LowBari

10 hours ago, CadetDood said:

From what I've heard the Erie news is legitimate, but the BD buying out Cadets news is just fearmongering by Hoppy. The Cadets have been working more with BDPA for joint US Bands projects now that BD owns US Bands, and I believe the management of the two corps collaborate frequently on how best to run their corps. I don't think BD has the money or the desire to own the Cadets though, what could they hope to gain from owning the corps other than having to fund a fourth drum corps on a national tour? The move to Erie seems to be a smart one, from what I've heard the corps doesn't get any special offers or deals from the city of Allentown anymore. Where as Erie provides a move-ins site for a generous price and is actively trying to convince the corps to relocate there (something that's unfortunately uncommon for corps in the modern world). I think corps need to do whatever they can to cut costs, and I think this move to Erie will help Cadets to lower costs for the corps and potentially bring in more revenue streams through community involvement. Excited to see official word from the corps, hopefully soon.

Sober response from an outside spectator perspective here, it looks like the move will provide the corps with mostly positives, I’m all for a stable future and certainty for a corps that has been looking to recover the last 5 years, best of luck to the Cadets on their move if it is so!

12 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

That is the one where the last payment ‘balloons’ to be large, correct?   Like many financial things, I suppose it has use in specific situations.  But I can’t imagine how it could be good for a Drum Corps.  

yes. basically the loan is structured where payments are more geared towards interest, and then after so long, one big final payment aka everything left is due

• Like 1