The Cadets 2023

10 hours ago, denverjohn said:

I've suggested a few used carnival rides that the members could ride on during the show just like the competition.

A "Zipper" ride is pretty cool but I would add a "Round-up" that spins and tilts upward plus a "Drop Tower". I'm sure Tony DiCarlo would not have a problem with a few more props like that making their way through the tunnels out on to the field.

Pull out the Oprah tarp....:whip:

• Like 1

Congrats on breaking the ninety barrier...You and PR at (90.9) and Mandarins close by at (90.45)...This makes the next 10 days or so, very interesting competitively..Keep up the good work(feet,feet,feet) and blow the freaking house down this weekend..peace

• Like 5

How about that Percussion Section!

• Like 7

There are times when I love my job, and days last night where I hate the fact that it made me miss the show. 

Good job with that percussion section! I wish I hadn't missed the show. 

• Like 2

I love seeing Cadets punch above their weight in percussion! Huge win over BD, congrats! 

• Like 5

The whole perc line was on fire last night.  Snares in particular threw it down right at the judge on the sideline.  Whew.

Pit was BLAZING away too.  It was a hot night for them

• Like 6

On 7/31/2023 at 5:39 AM, waliman4444 said:

but winning the audience again is the Cadets I grew to admire since 1982..

1982 was my first "in love" moment with the Cadets as well.  I saw them in Huntington, West Virginia along with the defending 1981 DCI champs, the Santa Clara Vanguard. 

It turns out this was the first time the Garfield Cadets had ever beaten Santa Clara as Garfield brought the house down and won the show.  The Bridgemen were third.  The very knowledgeable crowd was stunned.  I became a fan.

There's actually a backstory after the Cadets victory involving the Bridgemen who were complete jerks and Vanguard, who did nothing wrong.  No-class and class respectively.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2