The Cadets 2023

1 hour ago, DAYGO said:

I'll be rooting for the Mandarins for sure!  Can't wait to see them in San Diego July 2nd.  It will be super early in the season but pumped to see them and BD in person.  Hoping your boy has a great tour, Chief! 

The San Diego/Oceanside show is Saturday July 1st. San Bernardino show is Sunday July 2nd. Wife and I will be at both. Hope to see you there!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

The San Diego/Oceanside show is Saturday July 1st. San Bernardino show is Sunday July 2nd. Wife and I will be at both. Hope to see you there!!!

Got it, had my date wrong! See you in San Diego. Just dropped my son off at the airport.  Go CADETS!!!

• Like 1

The Erie Thunderbirds and the entire Erie Drum Corps' community welcome, again, the Cadets and offer our support for their continued success.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, DAYGO said:

Putting my CA kid on a redeye tonight.  😃   Safe travels to everyone on the move to their summer home.  

Hoping your kid made it safe! Sorry for the dreary Erie day today, but we are so glad The Cadets are here!

This year's leadership team got to have a training session with the one and only Bruno Zuccala this morning! What a huge opportunity for these kids to learn from such an incredible man. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Hoping your kid made it safe! Sorry for the dreary Erie day today, but we are so glad The Cadets are here!

Thanks for checking.  He made it to Cleveland airport on time this morning and is currently on the shuttle to Erie with a slew of other Cadets.  😊

• Like 2

https://cadets.org/cae-board-names-vicki-ferrence-ray-permanent-executive-director

Having a hard time understanding a couple of things.... 

VFR took the compliance role when the new board at YEA! came about.... 

Then somehow she was the best choice in the next CEO for YEA! 

Then 12 months into her tenure (or less) at YEA! the position was eliminated? and the cadets started a new org and she was again the compliance officer on the new board at the cadets, but not brought in to run the organization(?) assuming DB had different plans(?). Then she gets the interim CEO gig at Cadets, and now shes the permanent CEO. Im very confused on how this is THE BEST person for the job.... 

Just very confused, I really thought that this new board and new organization was going to be better on the "back of the house" things, but yet here we are.... 

Wishing them the best, but confused by the Adults decision in the room... 

• Confused 1

I agree Vicki doesn't  meet any of the requirements (Resident of Erie area, Experience with non profit Musical Groups in Erie Area etc) that they listed for the new CEO.  There is a small group alumni that still control everything that goes on within the organization and long as they find the money they control everything that the BOD and CEO does.  I wish The Cadets well.

• Like 1