I was the Board Treasure for SCV for 6 years

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

had Strohs but friend spilled some cigar ashes on his carpet. He put Milwaukees Best on a rag and that cleaned the ashes out real good. 😱

Western PA cheap beer was Iron City.. aka Iron Sh####. 😈

To this day I can’t drink Rolling Rock without having “issues”. TMI I know, but back to the intended topic.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

When they had the brewery outside of Allentown on 78, he would salute when we drove by. Did the tour at least 4 times….. my moustsce at age 16 came in handy for getting samples at the end of the tour

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol and when your dad and I both worked at Westshore bingo in early 80s, I had a specific job at times. 
Go for Strohs run at the local bar down 6th street (whatever the name was at the time). Yeah I would get to bingo late so filled in jobs as needed. (And was over 21…)

He always liked your delivery skills

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Is Strohs better than Milwaukee's Best? We drank a lot of "The Beast" in college 'cause it was cheap... :guinesssmilie: 

yes. In the way that saying cat crap is better than dog crap

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim ordered a Strohs a few years ago and I said you hate yourself, don’t you?

I rarely drink beer anymore and if I do Strohs ain’t in the list. But at my stepmom’s memorial I promised Dad we would have one. Then he got me a Jack and coke to rinse my mouth out 

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

He always liked your delivery skills

Lol he liked my “communications skills”. I’d come in late and go to the back room. He’d be doing something, look up and start digging for money. It was “Jim go make a beer run” and I’d just say “ok”. No fuss, no bother… 😆

Did Strohs tour once. Used to be ye olde Schaefer brewery… dang now I got that stupid 60s jingle in my head “one beer to have when you’re having more than one”

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Growing up, my hometown had a big Falstaff brewery. So it was often one's 'first beer.'

I never really have liked beer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Maybe:

"On the line, from Santa Clara California, The Santa Clara Google-Guard"

("Google" would be in their font & color scheme)

No? It flows... 😁

Going way back, there was a senior corps called the Ballentine Brewers. Also a junior corps the New York Islanders, sponsored by a 7-UP location on Long Island.. Their unis were 7-UP green and orange. They wore a 7-UP patch on their shoulder and a bass drum head had the 7-UP logo, if I recall.

• Like 4