Weather or not

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Know it’s further north but worked at Jacksonville during one summer. About every day around 4:15pm lightning, lightning, thunder and passing monsoon. Knocked power off to computer building once and found out one of the backup generators didn’t kick on. One half of computer area running and half dark. 😨

Very very frightening.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

Maybe it’s you Terri…adding extra electricity to Florida!❤️❤️❤️

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Know it’s further north but worked at Jacksonville during one summer. About every day around 4:15pm lightning, lightning, thunder and passing monsoon. Knocked power off to computer building once and found out one of the backup generators didn’t kick on. One half of computer area running and half dark. 😨

Well, I do have a bionic knee now. 💪

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

What kind of fecta would you have if you included a Ouija board, a psychic, Nostradamus and my wife's fortune telling bunions? 

A smellfecta?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

They named a hockey team after it and everything.

I've never understood why sports teams name themselves after the worst thing about the cities they're from. Tampa Bay Lightning. Miami Heat. Chicago Fire. I'm surprised Jerry didn't come in and re-name the Cowboys to the Texas School Book Depositories. 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

said in my very best Texas drawl The cowboys/mavericks/rangers of yore were pretty much the furthest from saints you can get, despite what some of my favorite Westerns would have you believe. Have you seen Godless? That's closer to history and just one state over, just over the mountain from me now.

Also, Texas bands are heavily regulated to ensure they don't overtrain the kids during hot Texas summers. I'd be the first to say that Texas should come off the drum corps tour map entirely if they don't start restricting hours spent in the heat. SCV was tough but even they mostly melted in my home stadium when it reached 125 degrees BITD, like any normal human would. They stopped rehearsal, eventually....

Rehearsal is like bleeding- for one reason or another it always stops.  

I'm pleased to see that Texas schools factor in the climate when rehearsing their bands...BITD we were expected to deal with  conditions regardless of time spent under the grueling heat....Granted, my experience was as a weekend warrior and not a touring marcher but our summer season was longer because we started in June and ended in September..Peace                                                                            

• Like 1