Hats, Helmets, Vaquero, Aussies or Whatever Need to Come Back

16 hours ago, TenHut said:

Take a look at the Belleville Black knights' helmet and tell me you hate "hats". 

I wore a couple of helmets and they really shift around on your head. It’s not just drum corps. I just hate hats in general. The tam I wore in Kilties was not bad. I wore everything but an Aussie. Never wore one of those. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Maybe similar to 5-10 years ago, but little similar experience from 30 years ago according to many posting on DCP.  Those who marched 30 years ago are likely to see their kids marching today.  Most of the kids today don’t care about hats.  And I’m not bonded to them either.  

Not only that, they could have kids who aged out in 2007. 

IMHO, headwear makes the corps have more stage presence.  Everyone looks taller.  

"Stretch" here is a perfect example. 5'4" to 6'5". 

Primary

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Now here's something we haven't had here in a while. At least a week or two. An old-fashioned dinos vs youngins smackdown. 🍿

I appreciate your sense of humor OSD, but honestly, why does it have to be a smackdown? I think this dinos vs youngins runs totally against what drum corps represents.

JUST MY $.02!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cowboy0324@gmail.com said:

Since you responded directly, I will respond in kind and leave it at that. 1. Ask a drum corps organization or typical fan if traditions are important, you really think they'll say no?  Something in quotes doesn't cleans it from being an insult. #4: I don't see what is negative about preferring corps members wear hats, etc. during performances. 

Have a nice day.

Well saddle-up cowboy, because your opinion has already been proven wrong once before so I'm sure it'll happen more often around here. 

1. Sure traditions are important, but traditions change, which I already said so I guess you're just going to interpret what you want out of posts on here. 

2. I don't know what cleaning has to do with anything on here. I believe the word you were looking for was "cleanse", and based on proper English annotations, one would recognize what I was trying to do, but this is an example of the American education system failing the average American. Either that or you just didn't care enough to pay attention in English class.

3. I guess we're skipping this number.

4. Check number 2, because that was intended as an insult, however mild it may be. 

Edited to add: If your enjoyment of drum corps is based on headgear, then maybe you'd enjoy a Hat Convention rather than drum corps. Just my opinion. 

Edited by ZTWright
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

I appreciate your sense of humor OSD, but honestly, why does it have to be a smackdown? I think this dinos vs youngins runs totally against what drum corps represents.

JUST MY $.02!

Apologies, Suta. You're right of course. At the heart of every generation of corps people is the well being of the activity itself and what it means to each of us whether we're fans, current or former MMs. I just find it humorous sometimes these riffs that start up between those generations. I adapted to all these changes through the years, but I get it where some people don't always do. 

• Like 1

I think men should start wearing fedoras again. And I am angry that they don’t. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

IMHO, headwear makes the corps have more stage presence.  Everyone looks taller.  

"Stretch" here is a perfect example. 5'4" to 6'5". 

Primary

I don’t miss this look at all. Love seeing the performers perform.   What corps is this and are they struggling to hold m their horns or just holding them different ways person to person?