Hats, Helmets, Vaquero, Aussies or Whatever Need to Come Back

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

when i marched, over my years, i wore a shako, aussie and helmet. i wish i could have worn nothing but my hair.

if it works for the show, who cares? 

Hair was optional? 🙂

I kind of come at this from a different perspective. While I DO love modern drum corps, I still prefer some kind of Headwear.  As a visual person, I just think Headwear helps with uniformity...especially from the stands.  I get that for indoor, facial expressions and the ability to emote are paramount.  But, in a venue such as Lucas Oil, San Antonio, or even Allentown there is little if any benefit to bare heads.

I'm not saying it needs to be shakos or aussies with plumes,  but any kind of uniform Headwear enhances the look....much more so than bare heads of different hair colorings and styles.

Apparently, I'm not alone in my thinking. It seems that many corps this summer are bringing back some kind of hat/head covering.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

1978. I struggle to describe what it was like wearing that thing. I now have a lifelong aversion to hats.

And Quaker Oats.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I think men should start wearing fedoras again. And I am angry that they don’t. 

i wear a fedora.  I get lots of compliments on it.

• Like 5