San Antonio - Draw for Order of Appearance

Just now, jjeffeory said:

Yeah, it's rough as they're surging. As so many around here say, the judges will rank them properly anyway.

They’ll have time to impress for a slot at Allentown and set up for Indy 

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I personally do not think the marching members, staff, alumni and fans of the corps worry about the bickering they see here. Most understand that the general riff with other fans is that they just want to see someone else win. It's usually nothing personal against BD, they just want another face at the top. 

And this probably motivates the whole organization to make it hard for another corps to win.

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

You're still here. I'm still here. Hope you're here even after your guy exits the activity when he ages out ( in Mandarins). 

I will still be here brother. I love drum corps too much and I love DCP and the people here, (even though we all get on each other's nerves at times lol).

While my Chief Guns profile is only eight years old, I have actually been on DCP since the summer of 2008. I had another profile. But I did a nine month deployment to the Middle East from September 2014-June 2015. When I came home, I couldn't remember my password LMAO. So the Chief Guns profile was born lol. 

But knowing some of the things I said going to battle with trolls during the height of the BD hate (2009-2013), it's probably a good thing the old profile is dead and buried lol.

So I was here way before my son marched, and I will be here way after he ages out in 2025. 

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, lawdn said:

If Troopers’ drum major sets out for the retreat RIGHT NOW, maybe it will be done by midnight on Saturday.

thats

soooo old .

16 hours ago, denverjohn said:

Can someone explain Allentown for me. (I should have asked Atchison last Saturday night). Are the corps assigned to Friday or Saturday first and then order selected in groups of 3 based on score or are they selected first in groups of three and then assigned either Fri. or Saturday based of an even "strength of field" perspective?

Corps are already scheduled to perform either Friday or Saturday. Order is based on results from Atlanta/NightBEAT, with groups of 3 randomly drawing for final order. If corps participate in both Atlanta and NightBeat, the average of their two scores will be used. 

For DCI Prelims, it’s reverse order of placement based on the average of San Antonio, Atlanta/NightBeat, and Allentown. NO RANDOM DRAW IN GROUPS. 

On 7/16/2023 at 11:37 AM, Vuitton said:

It's so crazy that Mandarins and/or Regiment may very well go on after Crown. Who would have seen that coming before the season started?

well, you make a good point... but crown has got do do something different in the visual department if they are to break back into the top 2 positions.  it feels like this 2023 production needs so much more to make any movement.  I don't really know how Phantom stays in front of Mandarins.  And how Boston Crusaders are head of Bluecoats is beyond me... but there you are.   This is a great year for Mandarins and The Colts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, iggymen said:

well, you make a good point... but crown has got do do something different in the visual department if they are to break back into the top 2 positions.  it feels like this 2023 production needs so much more to make any movement.  I don't really know how Phantom stays in front of Mandarins.  And how Boston Crusaders are head of Bluecoats is beyond me... but there you are.   This is a great year for Mandarins and The Colts.

I don't think we can say with certainty that Boston IS ahead of Bluecoats. The scores were from different shows and Bluecoats beat Boston at their only head-to-head. Boston has a great show and exceptional talent. I would not be surprised if they beat Bluecoats at Broken Arrow but I will if they beat them at finals. 

Crown is wildcard for me. Exceptional brass and guard, but I fear their percussion woes are going to keep them out of the top three, because I just don't see them finishing top 3 in visual this year or top 2 in GE.

To me Crown has been designing the same shows since 2015 and a 2015 Crown show just cannot compete with a 2023 BD show. They really need work in the visual department. I definitely agree with you there. However, the show is just so entertaining I really don't care where it finishes. It's one of my favorites this year, but I do agree with you that top 2 is probably out of the picture for them. 3rd? Maybe, but I think that will be tough too.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 2

On 7/17/2023 at 9:47 AM, TheOneWhoKnows said:

It's probably taking so long because BD pulled the third slot and are fighting it... I kid I kid.... or do I?

One does wonder ?

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2023 at 4:50 PM, 777hornman said:

thats

soooo old .

Chuck Norris was the original Drum Major for Troopers, he still hasn't arrived at the Drum Major stand thou 

• Haha 1