Corps Al Denton (TX) July 20, 2023

I feel Crown could loosen up a bit. The show has so much dynamic energy in it, but the Sacktig drill moves at a really measured and controlled pace a lot.

If they partial broke/dissolved/ran out of the forms at times, it would add visual urgency to match the music. Not to the extent Phantom does, but some. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Gosh I love this Crown show! 

I do think Phantom's visual program is overall more cohesive, but the music is a step above both in content and performance 

I don’t think any other group can beat Crown’s brass. They are not of this earth. 

• Like 3

Not getting the love vibe from CC’s show this year. The sound is there but the visual package is lacking.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, college-phan said:

This hornline has no equal, as of right now. Just an absolutely heavenly sound.

This being said, I feel like we’re in for a repeat of the past few years since the design staff left for BAC where they just don’t have the design to compete at that championship level. They’ve just been missing something integral to their championship success for the past few years. I think visual design is where a lot of these shortcomings emanate from though.

Edited by college-phan
  • Like 1

Not sure how much Crown's props add to the show.  The ballad is incredible 

Just now, PRomoter said:

I don’t think any other group can beat Crown’s brass. They are not of this earth. 

I disagree on that, but I do agree they have a unique sound that is very identifiable and distinct to them. A very traditional ensemble balance done very precisely and accurately 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jordsterr said:

And the body work while they play it is stunning.  The amount of physical control to be able to move like that and still play with such musical control is just unreal.

It's actually unreal.  My favorite musical moment of the year.  I do understand what people are saying about other parts of though.