Hotlanta On My Mind - July 29, 2023

2 minutes ago, Lance said:

so many have been playing nice until now on here.  claws are coming out.  i love it.  

IDK brother. I think it's still pretty tame right now. 

But maybe cause I am comparing this to the DCP wars of 2010-2013 lol. How any of us made it thru those battles with our lives is beyond me lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, skevinp said:

I think he was referring to 1996.  Phantom wasn’t that far behind in 2008.

Gotcha. My bad. 

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

IDK brother. I think it's still pretty tame right now. 

But maybe cause I am comparing this to the DCP wars of 2010-2013 lol. How any of us made it thru those battles with our lives is beyond me lol. 

oh gosh, it's a completely different space now than it was back then lol.  

• Like 3

according to a marcher at BC, the penalty is because the show went past time limit by about 15 seconds. its not really my story to tell, but i figured you all might be curious. 

• Thanks 5

Just now, Ashontheinternet said:

according to a marcher at BC, the penalty is because the show went past time limit by about 15 seconds. its not really my story to tell, but i figured you all might be curious. 

Hope Bloo starts shortening their shows from now on. They go on for way too long for the past few seasons 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Biased response here: The Cadets have a SIGNIFICANTLY bigger gap across the board between content and execution on the sheets. That bodes well for them advancing in placement upon some solid cleaning.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ashontheinternet said:

How much was the penalty?

12 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Sure but it's the story of the white whale. If Boston is going to capture it- it will be finals night.

...maybe I fell asleep reading Moby dick...

Boston’s show is clearly about the Blue Devils.  They are the whale they can’t seem to catch.  And the play On the Waterfront because, if not for BD, they could have been a contender.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, craiga said:

Hmmm...I seem to remember a certain corps from Rockford one year closing a deficit of 3.7 from BD during the last week of the season to beat them.   

Yes, I remember that too, but I don't see that happening this year; not even by a long shot.