Hotlanta On My Mind - July 29, 2023

18 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

Remind me to never watch sports with anyone on DCP…

Falcons apparently beat the Patriots in 2016

The problem is the Blue Devils are Tom Brady, not Matt Ryan

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Live on the 50, I had Boston over Crown. I’m surprised that there wasn’t more separation between Crown/Boston and Bloo. 

Happy for Troop. They’ll be moving up. 

Cavaliers will catch Cadets. Mandarins TBD. 

interesting to see where Bluestars fits into this mix. Obviously didn’t get a live read tonight so will hold predictions on that. 

And glad Spirit is back on the field competing! 

overall a helluva live OUTDOOR drum corps show! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

IDK brother. I think it's still pretty tame right now. 

But maybe cause I am comparing this to the DCP wars of 2010-2013 lol. How any of us made it thru those battles with our lives is beyond me lol. 

I still limp and have to wear an eye-patch! :pirate:

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, ThePlanets said:

Cadets over phantom in brass. Not sure how their H2H was this season so far...and the Cadets are really good but I still put phantoms hornline solidly in the top 5.

It's close between Cadets and Phantom in brass. The difference I hear (Flo perspective of course) is that Phantom seems to hit FFF or mp too often and do not show enough range in their dynamic peaks and valleys. It's like FULL BORE or off. The only time I feel they are crafting the dynamics at a higher level is in the ballad. This is perhaps a bit exaggerated because I know they are doing some great things dynamically but I don't need all their FFF moments to be at the same max volume. 

This is my gripe with Cavaliers too. At times they give me this wonderful nuanced sound like in the opening statement. But then I get too much full bore, all-out playing. I know they have a super talented brass line. I can hear it in their control and articulations but as of now the musical book is not crafted in a way to let them shine. If Cavaliers can add the musical nuances to this book and enhance that build from the end of the ballad to the diagonal front that leads to the close of their show then I can see their brass scores going way up. Considering how amazing their percussion is then I would say to Cadets, Mandarins, and Phantom you better not look over your shoulder too much. Their are some visual things they need to clean as well, but if they have a plan and can execute those changes I would say we may be adding Cavaliers to the middle pack along with PR, Cadets, and Mandy. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

The problem is the Blue Devils are Tom Brady, not Matt Ryan

But. Tom Brady played in

BOSTON 

On 7/29/2023 at 9:04 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

Live on the 50, I had Boston over Crown. I’m surprised that there wasn’t more separation between Crown/Boston and Bloo.  

Still haven't read any thoughts from an earlier post how the Crusaders had scores of 92.050 these past two nights.  Find the odds real high on this happening.  

Edited by TOC

2 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

It's close between Cadets and Phantom in brass. The difference I hear (Flo perspective of course) is that Phantom seems to hit FFF or mp too often and do not show enough range in their dynamic peaks and valleys. It's like FULL BORE or off. The only time I feel they are crafting the dynamics at a higher level is in the ballad. This is perhaps a bit exaggerated because I know they are doing some great things dynamically but I don't need all their FFF moments to be at the same max volume. 

This is my gripe with Cavaliers too. At times they give me this wonderful nuanced sound like in the opening statement. But then I get too much full bore, all-out playing. I know they have a super talented brass line. I can hear it in their control and articulations but as of now the musical book is not crafted in a way to let them shine. If Cavaliers can add the musical nuances to this book and enhance that build from the end of the ballad to the diagonal front that leads to the close of their show then I can see their brass scores going way up. Considering how amazing their percussion is then I would say to Cadets, Mandarins, and Phantom you better not look over your shoulder too much. Their are some visual things they need to clean as well, but if they have a plan and can execute those changes I would say we may be adding Cavaliers to the middle pack along with PR, Cadets, and Mandy. 

Yes. It's seeming like the blue Stars are making themselves a nice little 9th place island.

I know the Colts are ahead of the 12th place battle but to me- it's chaos from 10-18

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

True. But unlike 2008, BD doesn't have a 5th place percussion unit for someone to come thru the back door like Phantom did. 

ACTUALLY it's Crown who can run them down this year (because clearly they're already stabbing one guy in the show -- just sprinkle some more mayhem, maybe take out  DM or 2 and BAZINGA!). 

• Like 2