Enough?

How do the Modern Corps make their Music when they don’t have 12 Contra/Tubas and 12 Keyboard instruments in the Pit area? Along with 2 Electric Pianos, for some.

After all, the most Professional of Musicians, Members of Symphony Orchestras, aren’t lucky enough to have that kind of support?

Back in the 70/80’s we weren’t so lucky, and had to produce listenable Music with 4-5 Contras, and only 2-4 keyboards, like Xylophones and Marimbas! How in the world did we make Music?

I’m watching Nightbeat, and the Blue Stars look more like the Green Stars. And last night at SouthEast Regionals, I saw a LOTS of Trombones (as Seinfeld said, ‘There’s nothing wrong with that!), and even a classical French Horn.

Dogs and Cats living together!

And not having Judges on the Field, for ‘Safety Concerns’? What were the statistics?

And the ‘Controllers’ up front? Why aren’t they member age? Most I’ve seen are like Roadies for Bands, 35-40.

I have to say, at least FloMarching isn’t following the 1 1/2 second visuals we see so often today. But they need to Lock-Down their cameras. Too many ‘accidental’ movements.

And what can you say about BlueCoats show? It’s better to see it AFTER the drugs have kicked in! Then it makes sense! Booo!

When Amplification was not needed:

Red Headed Sop

• Haha 2

When the founders got together to form DCI, it was a radical idea. They were progressive for their time and wanted to move the activity forward. This is not to say there were not mistakes along the way, and we can differ about the mistakes. They were also competitive. We probably can’t imagine Kilties in Bluecoats style uniforms, Anaheim Kingsmen tossing rifles BAC style, the Troopers of Jim Jones day with a harmonica solo and a prop of modern art, but as Troopers show even the corps we see as traditional evolve. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1