Crum-ble on the hill in Allentown - August 4, 2023

3 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Relocate Atlanta to the Battlehawks stadium - Non NFL stadium that's hosted many marching band shows. 

Is there a reason that this area of the country doesn't have domes?

Id' love to see the Houston show in whatever we're now calling the stadium where the Texans play.  Considering how hot Houston is during that part of the year, the air conditioning would be a wonderful thing. The Houston show would actually be in Houston!

3 hours ago, Barneveld said:

One of them better have funnel cakes or I'm joining the move DCI East from Allentown Club!! 😉 🤐

That’s inside the stadium 

51 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

I LOVE Allentown. You want to get to the stadium early both nights to take it all in. There will be fans sitting in lawn chairs at the fire station, located behind the press box a short block away There will be ticket hawks at Gate 1 searching for a great ticket at a fair price. There will be fallen, slender pine cones from the trees at the entrances. 

There will be a moment this weekend from your seat in the stands when you see a flock of birds off in the distance in the skies above. 

You will recall past trips, past shows, past friends.

You will kvetch that the washrooms are not air-conditioned.

You will sigh when an emergency-vehicle siren on Hamilton passes by quickly. You will hear the brassy echoes of warm ups outside the stadium in the park. You will admire a weeping willow tree nestled next to the creek. You will see colorful spinning flags in the park after dark, lit by portable lamps.

Though you're there to see everyone, the energy in the stadium increases tenfold after intermission. There's no place else you want to be. You will forget your problems as you are being entertained by hundreds and hundreds of DCI performers.

You will get back to home or the hotel and take a quick shower, then read a few more DCP posts before drifting off to sleep. 

Do you know me?? Especially the last part! Love it and it is the whole festival experience of Allentown. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NJbirder said:

Funnel cakes at Gate 4. I repeat. Funnel cakes at Gate 4. 

It's like the glorious "Blue Light Specials" from K-mart...if they give you a free knife set with that Funnel Cake then you have won the day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How is the weather holding up?