Crum-ble on the hill in Allentown - August 4, 2023

4 hours ago, Vuitton said:

Yes. You cannot compare scores from two different shows. If Boston and Crown top BD’s score tomorrow night, it does not mean they are ahead of them.

Bluecoats may have closed the gap, which is exciting, but BD still beat them in GE, Visual, Music, Brass, Percussion and Guard. That doesn’t bode well for Bluecoats.

I think what we are seeing here is Bluecoats solidifying that #2 spot.

Actually,  Allentown is the one,  the only show each year where you CAN compare the scores from the two nights, since there are identical judging panels in identical captions both nights. DCI does this by design, to help determine the order in Indianapolis. 

As for Bluecoats "solidifying that #2 spot", you may have overlooked the fact that just the night before, Boston  was ALSO  half a point ahead of Bloo.

At present,  the math would seem to indicate this is a horse race.  And, for a few people here on dcp (not you, CHIEF GUNS) who  spent this entire summer arrogantly declaring that nobody would get within 2 or 3 points of BD, you may have been a bit out over your skis.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

After checking the "rule book"...it appears BD would still be undefeated, BUT with an *

Undefeated*

What does the asterisk mean?  First ever three peat in 2023?  With no reason to doubt 2024 will be a four peat season. Yeah, I can agree with that. 😎

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

What does the asterisk mean?  First ever three peat in 2023?  With no reason to doubt 2024 will be a four peat season. Yeah, I can agree with that. 😎

BD fans be like:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=myCcQN5of_E&pp=ygUdU25sc3VwZXJjYW5zICBidWxscyBmb3VyLXBlYXQ%3D

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Actually,  Allentown is the one,  the only show each year where you CAN compare the scores from the two nights, since there are identical judging panels in identical captions both nights. DCI does this by design, to help determine the order in Indianapolis. 

As for Bluecoats "solidifying that #2 spot", you may have overlooked the fact that just the night before, Boston  was ALSO  half a point ahead of Bloo.

At present,  the math would seem to indicate this is a horse race.  And, for a few people here on dcp (not you, CHIEF GUNS) who  spent this entire summer arrogantly declaring that nobody would get within 2 or 3 points of BD, you may have been a bit out over your skis.

Because of how DCI scores, and the number of shows on the tour, it is almost impossible for the top corps to win by that margin. 

9 hours ago, Narrow said:

That scores tells me the ring can go to anyone in the top 4. This ain't a race for 2 anymore.

Heh. Sure. If BD doesn’t win I’ll eat my hat. And I don’t even own a hat. I’d have to go out and buy one, then eat it. That’s how confident I am. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Heh. Sure. If BD doesn’t win I’ll eat my hat. And I don’t even own a hat. I’d have to go out and buy one, then eat it. That’s how confident I am. 

BD souvies have a nice hat with the cut out shapes that would make good bite guides.  

Or get one of those nifty Jersey Surf beach bucket hats an have some of your favorite foods in it along with it.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

So...let's say that tomorrow night Crown or BAC or both pop a 96. 

Is BD still undefeated? 

No. They lost the competition. I know people hate it when you compare dci to marching band but if I win my class at Youth In Music but don’t win overall, I won my class but I did not win YIM

Edited by RiverCityAndTroopersFan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, craiga said:

Which makes no sense to me, because one set of corps has an additional day to practice.  

• Like 2