Still Crum-bling on the hill in Allentown - August 5, 2023

Allentown has been considered one entire show now for decades.  Get over it.

And, something that NOBODY has dared to mention so far...with FOUR corps only .5 apart one-week before finals and 11 judges at finals, not only could BAC, Crown, BD, or Bloo win, but ANY of these 4 could also come in 4th...

Including the Blue Devils.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Try the roasted chicken at La Rotisserie d’Argent.  

I’m veggie! Well, carbie. I don’t eat meat or veggies, just carbs.

4 minutes ago, craiga said:

And, something that NOBODY has dared to mention so far...with FOUR corps only .5 apart one-week before finals and 11 judges at finals, not only could BAC, Crown, BD, or Bloo win, but ANY of these 4 could also come in 4th...

You know, I generally don't agree with you, but this time...you got me.

What if...?

seulisasoo-tea.gif

• Like 1

Combining the 2 nights is utterly ridiculous. Look no further than Percussion...

Crown in 3rd after 7th & 8th in San Antonio & Atlanta??? Jumped half a point in Content???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I love Allentown and it never fails at being memorable, but this year may be the best, or at least one of my favorite years. Saturday always sizzles, often with the stronger overall line up, but this year both nights were pretty equal. Favorite moments:

Hearing Boston Crusaders placed first tonight. I wasn’t sure it would happen. Boston had an incredible run. The story telling is strong and the show is clean and precise, but Crown also does an excellent job telling a story and the brass, unbelievable! 

The three amazing performances of Cadets, Mandarins, and Phantom. I was thrilled for Cadets placing third.

Troopers having an exceptional performance. We may see them ascending in years to come.

The strong return of Spirit and Cascades. I spoke with some folks from Spirit. There were quite a few times over the past year it did not look like a return would happen. And to Surf, your show improved and packed a punch tonight.

Colts and Genesis were pleasant surprises and in my opinion underrated. I think so much attention has been paid to the potential 1-4, 5-7, and the open spot, as well as Troopers, Cavies strong percussion, Blue Stars, being green, Colts has been forgotten. I’m surprised more attention hasn’t been paid to Genesis either. They have a very clever show. 

Madison put some muscle in their show and Music City is making steady improvement. 

My one complaint? Bluecoats. I was supposed to go to Amish Country today but went to Hershey Gardens instead. What played in my mind over and over? “I went to the Garden of Love” Thanks a lot!🙂

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, craiga said:

We won’t know if the four are within 0.5 of each other until Thursday. Were BD and Bloo performing last night they could have scored over 96, or under 95. We just don’t know. Different nights, different shows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So this is the first Allentown event since 2008 where we saw four corps 95+

And first Allentown event since 2010 where we saw eight corps 90+

What a season.

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 6

Just now, Vuitton said:

We won’t know if the four are within 0.5 of each other until Thursday. Were BD and Bloo performing last night they could have scored over 96, or under 95. We just don’t know. Different nights, different shows.

Different nights, same show.  Has been for 26 years. 

Some folks here just keep on whistling past the graveyard. 

• Like 3