DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

not sure what else people want from a music and visual production on a football field.  

just a pretty show from top to bottom with one of the best ballads they've ever done. 

and then they just go off in the last couple mins.  

GORGEOUS brass sound.  especially the low brass which is overtaken by synth goo for so many corps.  the baritone solo to start off is pure velvet, and then the bari and tuba features in the opener are just stunning. gets me emotional for real.  

bravo blue stars!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

HOLY #### THIS CLOSER

Yes, it's my favorite of the season.

Just now, GREENBLUE said:

They should’ve just worn green the whole time. Understand why other corps are passing them. 

I think them slowly turning green is great GE and really supports the theme.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Super Don-O said:

I don't get the shade some folks are throwing on Blue Stars. Musically, especially brass, they are very good. Visual is still dirty, but I don't see how they finish any lower than 11.

When DCPers smell blood in the water they will take the chance to throw shade at any corps that shows weakness. Need proof? Refer to ever Madison Scouts thread in existence.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Closer  is the best part musically and drill of their show

Like I said, it gets better once they get out of Vikings colors and into Packers colors like a good cheesehead.

• Like 1

As much as I adore this Blue Stars program, somehow, my favorite part is STILL the fact that they found a way for alternates to perform IN the show during that mello and trumpet feature in the closer. Kudos to them for finding a way to get them on the field, even for a small piece of the show.

• Like 4

You can feel those kids fighting for FCO!!! 

If the show can't do it, they will!

Blue Stars show has grown on me this season. Great drill. Interesting staging. Some cool quality to the show. They remind me of the less jazzy kid sister to Bluecoats.  I have no doubts we will see them in Top 4 one day. 

Edited by NewArpege
  • Like 1