DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS SEMIFINALS

43 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

honestly the spread is because of the flip flopping in captions between 2-4. if Crown were a solid 1st or 2nd across the board, they have a higher score.  but with the sheets bouncing all over with them...and Crown's 6th in percussion, that keeps those 3 tight and pushes BD further out ahead

How dare you use math and logic at the same time

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

When 2 out of the 3 performance parts are in 4th place, it seems messed up that you are nearly 1.5 points ahead.

Exactly!  But it doesn't matter. Torchure yourself by looking at average scores of what should be the components.  It never works.  LoL.

Decided the Wife and I are not going to miss Finals again. Just booked Super 3 Tics and Hotel (Hyatt Downtown) for next year. 👍

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Super Don-O said:

I truly expected the gap to narrow tonight, not widen.

I thought it would widen to almost two points.  Maybe tomorrow night.  BD will finish with a 98.825 with Boston in 2nd place with a 97.225.

• Like 1

Crown fans probably wish there wasn't another night. I can't imagine their anxiety watching them get 2nd yesterday and 3rd tonight, knowing that they just missed the medals the past 3 competitive seasons.

That 2-4 and 5-7 battle has been everything we all expected it to be. Can't wait for tomorrow night!

• Like 3

don't exactly know how i feel about the spread between 1-2 tonight. i didnt see the show, so i have no idea. i am surprised though. good job blue devils, and good luck bloo, bac, and crown. 2-4 is unbelievably close right now. 

3 hours ago, Cadet Guardy said:

@MandarinMom I finally saw your daughter tonight on Flo!! How dam (avoiding the # marks) eloquent is her dancing/movement! She’s promoted to the guard - kidding but she’s a dual star! 

Thank you! That means a lot.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well, at worst Troopers can only be 12th in guard tomorrow

and this is probably why they will stay ahead of Blue Stars.  They can place no lower than 12th (not 17th) and therefore the spread will likely narrow between them in 12th and whoever is 11th in guard.

Troopers need a better designed guard book and mostly they need to work on technique in the guard

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Congrats to Troopers for scoring higher than Cavaliers AND Mandarins in brass tonight! 

And congrats to the Mandarins color guard who are on their way to a top five finish!

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, ContraFart said:

Again I vehemently disagree with the judging result and again I will be flamed by the BD people. BD is not a point and a half better. They simply are just not. I give up, I will never understand why judges love BD so much. 

No flaming coming from me. I understand the sentiment for sure. Blue Devils have a complex mix of visual content and musical repertoire. If we look at effect itself BD creates the most varied and numerous types of effect. They use a lot of musical styles in various genres, keys, tempos, and meter and mix with unique visual ideas to build effect. Visually they do not overuse ideas and do the best job of keeping the show moving forward. 

Their visual proficiency is incredible. Their detail in the upper body, legs, feet, movement synchronicity is still tops. 

Their guard clearly gave a masterclass last night. So much detail in body. The flag work was astonishing and the rifle work was the most exposed. 

In brass and percussion they no longer consistently win those captions...though they are capable. They took 4th in brass and percussion last night. But their music analysis is still fantastic and that has a lot to do with all the musical styles/genres and a perfect blending of those elements. 

Overall show design is a big deal. We all know this and if Bluecoats, Crown and Boston want to take the next step that is where it starts. They all did great this year. We'll see what happens tonight. 

• Like 7