The Cavaliers 2024

13 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Cavaliers percussion posted that auditions are only virtual this year. Could it be because there are so few spots open in ‘24? I noticed only 8 roses (age outs) in the Best percussion pic. 8 out of 34 is pretty good. Anyone with insight? Could be with their WGI connections from this year they already have some in mind for the few spots?

10 hours ago, Waxman said:

That's interesting. I don't have any inside information but I'd imagine this is only for the first round of auditions, and they'll still have callbacks in person. Probably a combination of high interest and relatively few spots as you said. It might honestly be easier for new members to get noticed with a solid video audition than at a camp with 50 other people, it gives the staff a real chance to focus on them specifically.

The one thing I do feel pretty confident about is that they haven't filled up the open spots with people they know by September. It'll be very competitive, but if you deserve a spot there, you'll earn a spot.

Could also look at it as a money saving tactic too. 

6 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Could also look at it as a money saving tactic too. 

Exactly. Why spend the money when you don’t need to. Especially if you just won high drums with a small amount of age outs. 
Brass also cut back to two cities, hopefully high retention rate from this season. 
On the other hand guard has 4 audition cities thru the fall. Trying to ride the success of a 6th place finish and a new guard program. Attract More talent and they can definitely be a top 5 guard.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread before discussion of Cavies in 2024 gets split up too much. Like the "Comeback..." post, just anxious to not have to follow two threads.

Edited by mjoakes
  • Like 1

Just went to their website, since I hadn't been there for awhile.

Their most recent 990s are posted and public, along with all of their member, volunteer, and staff policy handbooks. 

Hoping other corps can follow this example, if they aren't already. 

On 12/6/2023 at 5:22 AM, mjoakes said:

Bumping this thread before discussion of Cavies in 2024 gets split up too much. Like the "Comeback..." post, just anxious to not have to follow two threads.

Green Lives Matter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent choice, Hook'Em. 

I say it every day, History has meaning. Embrace it and honor it, young people. Don't toss it aside. 

BTW, for the anti-costume/prop people, notice the '71 corps. Yes, it's really been going on that long. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Excellent choice, Hook'Em. 

I say it every day, History has meaning. Embrace it and honor it, young people. Don't toss it aside. 

BTW, for the anti-costume/prop people, notice the '71 corps. Yes, it's really been going on that long. 

i remember way too much of that firsthand 😂

It’s funny that up next on YouTube is the 73 Kilties. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...