Carolina Crown 2024

2 minutes ago, TOC said:

When haven't they sounded good?

Very true. But brass and percussion together just sounded so blended. It’s incredible the leap they have taken as an ensemble sound the past couple of years 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Why is everything so secret?  They're not manufacturing nuclear weapons after all. 

That's it! It's an Oppenheimer show using Dr. Atomic by John Adams! (this would be awesome)

• Haha 3

My son is being pretty secretive, but he LOVES the music they have so far.   He's a lead mello and I've heard him practice the last few days.  That mello book is crazy and I can only imagine what the ensemble will sound like.  I expect another year of Crown Brass  excellence.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, wigwam said:

Why is everything so secret?  They're not manufacturing nuclear weapons after all. 

I attended a rehearsal for crown a few years ago. I was a brand-new music educator. I was taking a few notes about how they were running rehearsals etc in a notebook. I guess volunteers saw or something along those lines, because as I was leaving a few people approached me and begged me not to release information about the show etc. It was extremely funny to me because at the time, I had no access to internet at my home. And I wasn't using a smart phone. 

All this to say, I don't get the whole "let's keep it a secret for as long as possible" either. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmyjames said:

I attended a rehearsal for crown a few years ago. I was a brand-new music educator. I was taking a few notes about how they were running rehearsals etc in a notebook. I guess volunteers saw or something along those lines, because as I was leaving a few people approached me and begged me not to release information about the show etc. It was extremely funny to me because at the time, I had no access to internet at my home. And I wasn't using a smart phone. 

All this to say, I don't get the whole "let's keep it a secret for as long as possible" either. 

A couple of corps have released their show themes, so maybe the secrecy silliness is starting to go away.  I get not putting out the music due to copyrights but the efforts for secrecy until the season starts is a bit much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Jimmyjames said:

So you're the one that let the cat out of the bag early.  LOL

15 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

That's it! It's an Oppenheimer show using Dr. Atomic by John Adams! (this would be awesome)

Whatever the show theme is , most fans will probably want to know if anybody die in the end ? 😊

Edited by Boss Anova