Phantom Regiment 2024

On 5/3/2024 at 10:59 PM, regimentlvr said:

New drill designer is Duane Minnick. John Wooten percussion designer. Thoughts?

Duane was a drill instructor during my age out year of 1986. Great guy!

Hey fellow Regiment Phans!

Haven't seen activity here regarding the announcement of the new "Phancon" event taking place in June, just thought I'd share: https://www.classy.org/event/phancon-2024/e584527

Seems like this is their 2024 refresh on the Phan-a-Thon fundraiser event, where we will also get the show/rep announcements and uniform reveals.

Looks like Concert in the Park is June 22nd. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dciphan79 said:

Looks like Concert in the Park is June 22nd. 

Plenty of time to attend Boston's Park concert and get back to take in Phantom's. 

15 hours ago, PhantomPhan91 said:

Hey fellow Regiment Phans!

Haven't seen activity here regarding the announcement of the new "Phancon" event taking place in June, just thought I'd share: https://www.classy.org/event/phancon-2024/e584527

Seems like this is their 2024 refresh on the Phan-a-Thon fundraiser event, where we will also get the show/rep announcements and uniform reveals.

Looks like a Super Hero themed show! (possibly)

22 minutes ago, ChrisVT2003 said:

I didn't take that as a show hint at all.  It's simply playing on the "____Con" look for the fundraising. e.g. ComicCon excitement and marketing to a small niche strategies that are probably fairly transferable. 

6 hours ago, ChrisVT2003 said:

I wouldn’t hate it. When Cavies announced 007, I thought it’d be so stupid, but that show was cool as heck. Phantom playing famous superhero scores could be epic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately all the cos players so far seem to be looking at Spartacus cosplays. I was thinking maybe a City of Lights, or an Exogenesis cosplay might be cool.  I don't have a deep enough PR history to go back to some shows that may be have great cosplay ideas,

1 hour ago, NewArpege said:

I wouldn’t hate it. When Cavies announced 007, I thought it’d be so stupid, but that show was cool as heck. Phantom playing famous superhero scores could be epic. 

We went to the first show in Oswego, Illinois.  They were rehearsing there and Jim said that he thought they’d be fourth.  I’ve never let him forget it.  In fact, I think I’ll bring it up again.  Thanks for reminding me.  😂 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We went to the first show in Oswego, Illinois.  They were rehearsing there and Jim said that he thought they’d be fourth.  I’ve never let him forget it.  In fact, I think I’ll bring it up again.  Thanks for reminding me.  😂 

Ha!  No surprise you were on the right side of history.

Jim is in good company though; lots of us had doubts. Then I saw it in Murfreesboro and was flabbergasted by how great it was.