Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

1 minute ago, Bob984 said:

I think you are wrong.  You don't post a complete 2024 World Class staff and then not come out and compete.......they did this last year they ran a camp and then announced going inactive right after that camp.....any such blunder again this year would be a "death blow" to the drum corps,  and I don't think they would announce unless this year they were certain they were happening.  Agreed the trust issue from those that auditioned last year is something they have to work out.....also, the same with staff.....

this corps has a decade of blunders behind the scenes.  remember that BoD's hire the director.  Not the director hiring the BoD.  So its the same cycle of blunder here, because the same circumstances exist that this corps has operated under just with a new face for the marketing material.  

Its already been stated in this forum in regards to the "Transparency" and "honesty" and yet nothing the corps has posted touches on the predicament which the corps is in.   So until that happens, this is all just fancy marketing work, which I hope the person making these billboards got their check in advance. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bob984 said:

You don't post a complete 2024 World Class staff and then not come out and compete.......

Agreed.  But then the very next thing you posted was:

they did this last year

So you are correct.  You would not do this; neither would I.  But they already have, so how do we know they will not do it again?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

While I don’t trust a word VMAPA puts out into the ether I do hope SCV can find a way to return to the competitive field in 2024.

My question has to do with “competitive inertia”. Will Vanguard be held back because of their failure to compete from the previous season or will they pick up from where they left off?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Depends on how much pull Gaines has. They went bent leg as soon as he joined. 

They went bent leg in 2007, prior to Gaines.

1 hour ago, TOC said:

Was SCV treated equally when they had two overaged members in 89?  

FWIW, I’d give them a pass on this one.  I marched that season (with another corps).  My understanding at the time is that they had forged documents and those members were being sought after by authorities.  I believe they were from England if I remember correctly.

• Like 2

"As we look forward to the future, we do so with a spirit of honesty, transparency, and a deep commitment to learning from our past."

"honesty" and "transparency" are nouns as used in the sentence.  nouns don't have a tense in English. 

Edited by Lance
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

While I don’t trust a word VMAPA puts out into the ether I do hope SCV can find a way to return to the competitive field in 2024.

My question has to do with “competitive inertia”. Will Vanguard be held back because of their failure to compete from the previous season or will they pick up from where they left off?

Gotta be honest - if they can solve their organizational issues and swing a return to the field without incident, I'll be happy with whatever placement they can get.  (That said, my gut says they'll fall into the 6-12 range.)

Mike

• Like 3

Awesome news. Happy for the corps. If this isn’t a wake up call to fix the organization long term then they don’t deserve to be successful.  However, the fact the staff is a strong signal from these professionals that they have faith in the corrections this organization has made.  Now please just cut the stupid excess expenses and we should be fine.

• Like 3