Cadets Suspend for 2024

It's hard to get people to do this, but I've just donated a little what I could with this announcement. It won't save them this year, but turning out back on them now won't help later. 

• Like 1

My heart breaks for the Cadet org. This makes me really sad for the state of the art.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Sorry for your son brother. That really sucks. 

Thanks, Chief.  I'm still shell chocked.  So crazy that he only ended up at The Cadets because Vanguard sat out 2023 and now this....

• Sad 4

Remember how Hoppy pushed to add members, amplification, non-traditional instruments, voice, and props galore? The cost to field a corps...and to march...is exorbitant.

IF they're doing this because of $, they can blame Hoppy for a second black eye.

• Like 4

Sad.  I wish this was a wakeup call to the activity to start scaling it back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gantang said:

Remember how Hoppy pushed to add members, amplification, non-traditional instruments, voice, and props galore? The cost to field a corps...and to march...is exorbitant.

IF they're doing this because of $, they can blame Hoppy for a second black eye.

That is true and it escalated under him but before that, when he was still marching, DCI was “encouraging” corps to make trips to places like Denver and Texas that they were ill-equipped to do so. You haven’t lived until you’ve toured in Texas on a school bus. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gantang said:

Come-on now. Blaming Hoppy? Really?

• Like 1