CA Dept of Justice REJECTS SCV's as of SEP-2023 registration submission.

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

In a weird way I find this whole thing reason for optimism. Folks if corps simply run standard issue businesses with standard issue business and accounting practices—they will be fine.

Its absurd that SCV—with all the access in the world to the best of the best minds, accountants, strategists and business leaders—could find a way to make your local Girl Scout troop look like Warren Buffet.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN PUSHING THIS SINCE 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All they have to do is run bingo, and field a drum corps. Bingo will take care of everything. 

The CATCH is the folks running the place have to be hard working and honest. They don't even need to be experts. The woman that turned bingo around after the thefts was merely a volunteer (parent of marching member) and made Bingo a net $3.6M income stream. SCV was in a position for bingo alone to fund a World Class Corps and not charge the marching members a single penny. Bingo was run by volunteers up until she left in 2019. 

At the height of my time on the board of directors, SCV netted $900K more than the Blue Devils. 

Anyway........... I'm getting into "how things could be" and speculation (from the audience's perspective).

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's 9:59 AM

and Michigan still sucks

And we will see how much they suck on 11/11. In the mean time, enjoy your stay in Columbus.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

In a weird way I find this whole thing reason for optimism. Folks if corps simply run standard issue businesses with standard issue business and accounting practices—they will be fine.

Its absurd that SCV—with all the access in the world to the best of the best minds, accountants, strategists and business leaders—could find a way to make your local Girl Scout troop look like Warren Buffet.

3 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN PUSHING THIS SINCE 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All they have to do is run bingo, and field a drum corps. Bingo will take care of everything. 

The CATCH is the folks running the place have to be hard working and honest. They don't even need to be experts. The woman that turned bingo around after the thefts was merely a volunteer (parent of marching member) and made Bingo a net $3.6M income stream. SCV was in a position for bingo alone to fund a World Class Corps and not charge the marching members a single penny. Bingo was run by volunteers up until she left in 2019. 

At the height of my time on the board of directors, SCV netted $900K more than the Blue Devils. 

Anyway........... I'm getting into "how things could be" and speculation (from the audience's perspective).

Maybe SCV should diversify & sell cookies too.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Stupid autocorrect
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

Why not just have a CPA correct all this and move on!  Could be done in a few days!

Hard to say how long it would take; depends on the honest and enthusiastic participation of the  New, Transparent SCV management.   And with all the apparent recent financial shenanigans, despite press releases to the contrary, I don’t hold out a lot of hope.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Hard to say how long it would take; depends on the honest and enthusiastic participation of the  New, Transparent SCV management.   And with all the apparent recent financial shenanigans, despite press releases to the contrary, I don’t hold out a lot of hope.  

Wonder how many years worth of paperwork a CPA would have to go through to get a full picture.

We had a mellophone player who was a CPA. Too bad I’m friends with him on Facebook and he’s not on DCP