What is wrong with US?

On 10/30/2023 at 2:07 PM, Tim K said:

I don’t think Drum Corps is alienating middle and high school kids. 

Really? What middle and high school kids do you know marching. I marched with a world champion corps and I doubt I'd make a top 12 corps today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

What's interesting is people seem to think this is limited to Vanguard and the Cadets. Vanguard was yesterday. Cadets are today. Someone else will be tomorrow. This is an activity wide problem, not just a problem with two organizations.

I've said the same thing last year when SCV had their problem. It's only the beginning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What's interesting is people seem to think this is limited to Vanguard and the Cadets. Vanguard was yesterday. Cadets are today. Someone else will be tomorrow. This is an activity wide problem, not just a problem with two organizations.

Don’t forget Spirit of Atlanta taking a year off to work on their harassment mess.

• Like 1

Really? What middle and high school kids do you know marching. I marched with a world champion corps and I doubt I'd make a top 12 corps today.

My kid did; he started at 13 and aged out in ‘21. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vuitton said:

Boston had/has high school kids.  I believe the featured guard rifle kid still is or recently was, a high schooler.  And I don’t think he was the only one. Their center snare has been in the line for 3 years and has 2 left.  That would have had her in the corps as a high schooler.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vuitton said:

What middle and high school kids do you know marching. I marched with a world champion corps and I doubt I'd make a top 12 corps today.

Since you asked :...Every DCI Corps had High School aged kids marching last summer, Blue Devils included.  Boston Crusaders had several 9th & 10th graders marching a few years ago when they were in the lower Top 12. Corps in Open Class as well as in every DCA Corps are all chock full of High Schoolers.

Edited by Boss Anova

14 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Boston had/has high school kids.  I believe the featured guard rifle kid still is or recently was, a high schooler.  And I don’t think he was the only one. Their center snare has been in the line for 3 years and has 2 left.  That would have had her in the corps as a high schooler.

This is correct.  The BAC featured rifle kid joined the corps while a freshman in high school, and is from a town on the coast of Massachusetts, literally next door to the setting of Moby Dick.

Local, high school kid. And he is still a Crusader.

• Like 1