Vanguard 2024

13 minutes ago, Land_Surfer said:

Hopefully their budget has been limited enough this year that the sound system and electronic instruments had to be cut and props scaled way back.  It’s time for today’s DCI fans to see and hear what Old School SCV can do in a new era.   

I'll take "Things That Won't Happen" for $400.

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Land_Surfer said:

Hopefully their budget has been limited enough this year that the sound system and electronic instruments had to be cut and props scaled way back.  

That's the same thing as saying hopefully they don't make the semifinals, which would be a horrific outcome for a corps trying to compete again.  Just the reality of what the A&E arms race has done to DCI for the past couple decades.  Time to let go of that ghost.  Actually, it was time about 15 years ago.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

I'll take "Things That Won't Happen" for $400.

I'll take 1 more tech watching each subsection for more bloated staff for everyone in 2024.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lance said:

That's the same thing as saying hopefully they don't make the semifinals, which would be a horrific outcome for a corps trying to compete again.  Just the reality of what the A&E arms race has done to DCI for the past couple decades.  Time to let go of that ghost.  Actually, it was time about 15 years ago.  

You can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube.  

42 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube.  

Or the pedal tones back in the sousaphone 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lance said:

I guarantee you, the first top five corps that returns to 90’s style drum corps, focused on (unplugged, uncluttered) power, speed and precision will have everyone eating out of their hand.    

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Land_Surfer said:

I guarantee you, the first top five corps that returns to 90’s style drum corps, focused on (unplugged, uncluttered) power, speed and precision will have everyone eating out of their hand.    

People who fell in love with drum corps in the past 10-15 years fell just as hard for what they saw and heard as you did.  Your tastes aren't universal nor are they superior.  Another ghost to give up.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Land_Surfer said:

Hopefully their budget has been limited enough this year that the sound system and electronic instruments had to be cut and props scaled way back.  It’s time for today’s DCI fans to see and hear what Old School SCV can do in a new era.   

"New, new, new era!"