Cadets and bankruptcy

30 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Also, the age of consent in California became 18 in checks watch 1920. The law was the law, even BITD.

The worst I ever saw was when I was stationed in Sasebo Japan back in 1999. 

A 36 year old Marine stationed in Iwakuni Japan was dating a 15 year old Japanese girl. 

Sad part was nothing could be done. Japan's legal age of consent was 13 years old at that time (I think it's 16 now)..........and also back in 1999, US citizens weren't prosecuted for crimes against minors in foreign countries. That law didn't pass until 2003. 

The frightening part was they got married and had kids.

Absolutely disgusting. 

• Sad 1

It’s kind of sad a couple guys on here respond with the ‘confused’ emoticon over the sa of a 16 year old. There’s no need for confusion, it’s quite black and white. No more shame. I’m proud to speak out. 

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 4/5/2024 at 5:10 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

What is legally wise and what is morally right are sadly not the same thing. 

Agreed. But legality dictates here. The best thing is for when this particular case is all said and done is for DCI to come out and say through all of it they worked on strengthening policies and here’s the rule of law in DCI going forward. Wishful thinking, but that’s the smarter route. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

It’s kind of sad a couple guys on here respond with the ‘confused’ emoticon over the sa of a 16 year old. There’s no need for confusion, it’s quite black and white. No more shame. I’m proud to speak out. 

I’m sad because I know how incidents like that were laughed off or excuses made for bad behavior before and during that era. The 60’s were even worse. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

The worst I ever saw was when I was stationed in Sasebo Japan back in 1999. 

A 36 year old Marine stationed in Iwakuni Japan was dating a 15 year old Japanese girl. 

Sad part was nothing could be done. Japan's legal age of consent was 13 years old at that time (I think it's 16 now)..........and also back in 1999, US citizens weren't prosecuted for crimes against minors in foreign countries. That law didn't pass until 2003. 

The frightening part was they got married and had kids.

Absolutely disgusting. 

I was in Okinawa in 1995 when 3 Marines & a Navy corpsman R-d the 12yr old.  They ended up serving 6.5 years in Japanese prison (which is much more strict than US prison).  I think this is what led to the SOFA change.  

But I would also see US military members w/ very young Japanese girls off base, but I suppose they were 13+.  And then there were the ones who went on leave to Philippines or Thailand.   But just because it’s legal doesn’t mean it’s right.   

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

But I would also see US military members w/ very young Japanese girls off base, but I suppose they were 13+.  And then there were the ones who went on leave to Philippines or Thailand.   But just because it’s legal doesn’t mean it’s right.   

Way off topic and mods can delete if desired but sounds like the human trafficking training the DoD would give to military and civilians

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’d love to know what that settlement with you know who was. 

Didn’t he have some sort of golden parachute he hand wrote which was written into his contract that the BoD rubber stamped? I recollect maybe reading that on here.

if it is true, w/r/t if they try to re-emerge as another org wit  ties to the previous org...i was discussing  this with my fellow educators, how does this rumoured threat to litigate against a new organization get around 'res judicata'. Just getting into t he weeds here, i guess thats why i teach instead of practice.

• Like 1