Mine's pretty easy:

When it stopped being about the kids.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woodwinds for sure!

But if more than just a few corps start centering their shows around singing, narration, I might not spend as much money or go to many shows.

If electronincs are passed ??? just depends how much they use them. Again, if too many corps center their shows around those items instead of just the odd sound or two for special effects, I would have a hard time with it.

For thousandth time, I like the unique all brass and percussion sound of drum corps!!! That's all I want to hear at a drum corps show.

And if you don't like it, too bad, this is progress!

PROGRESS....for who !!!!!!!!?????

The only progress that is being done with the introduction of these new things is.....the instrument companies !!!!

laser lights, smoke machines, and lycra.

Not exactly smoke machines but liberal use has been made of fire extinguishers in DCA. I don't think I would mind smoke machines that much. Try to imagine Phantom playing Fire of Eternal Glory with a smoke machine going!!

...which is why I used the word 'realistic'

:blink:

Why isn't that realistic? I mean, why stop at woodwinds, electronics, strings, and all the rest? I'd think you of all people would be in favor of pushing it as far as it can go and then pushing it a little more. Why not 300 retirees on Saxabooms? Why not electronic synth horns playing through the stadium speakers? If you're willing to call a string, electronics, and piano ensemble "drum corps," why isn't that drum corps too?

The addition of woodwinds, strings (guitars, bass, etc.), or electronic synthesizers would put me over the edge. Basically, any instrument that moves drum corps towards becoming your local marching bands. That is part of what makes DCI so great: it is different from marching band.

i think most everyone is in agreence, Woodwinds would break all of our backs...

i think smoke machines would actually be pretty cool... would be very tough to control them outside, but still... i wouldn't mind those :)

In response to the original post, I would only leave DCI if the Santa Clara Vanguard left DCI.

So long as Vanguard's on the field, I'm in the stands cheering for them. :) I would never leave my family behind...ever.