what would be YOUR last straw

If they used woodwinds.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the 1 thing that if happened, without a doubt, no questions asked.. make YOU as a performer, fan, supporter, etc.. walk away from DCI and never look back?

dont mention anything that has happened.. Bb, narration, singing, electronics, etc..

only things that have NOT happened.

possible reasons so far...

- woodwinds

- animals

- laser lights

- smoke machines

- lycra

" It would take a disaster of Biblical proportions. Riots in the streets, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria...... "

Another "when I stop being entertained" here.

Ditto...

Actually walked away from all DC from 1992-2003 (except for DCA albums). Got so bored I walked out in the middle of a corps performance and drove home.

If the majority of corps were using woodwinds, I'd stop wanting to pay to see it. I don't go see marching band competitions now, because that doesn't interest me (albeit the ones I have access to are a caliber below what a "DCI marching band" would be.)

I like Drum Corps. Heck I even LOVE most Drum Corps. But when they add woodwinds then it will no longer be Drum Corps to me and therefore I will not desire to see it. When they add woodwinds it will definitely not be the kind of thing that I'd gladly pay $30 - $50 to see like I do now.

I might check out a DVD of it, if somebody else paid for it. But that would be the extent of my involvement.

You here that DCI? Woodwinds = no more $money$ from me.

If DCA were to ever go the woodwinds route then the same would probably go for them.

ASIDE: If all the shows were to become as bizarre and convoluted as the Cadets' show is this year, IMO, I'd lose interest as well. But I really don't see that happening for a long time. I truly hope there will always be some shows out there that I can sit back and enjoy and be entertained by.

Woodwinds would do it for me..... I thought about whether adding strings to the pit might do it, but I think you could probably add some sort of string and I would still stick around. Clarinets or saxes would take it over the top and I would not be interested anymore.

Brass and Percussion should be the requirement.

^^ That's the second time that quote has been used in less than 12 hours!

Another "when I stop being entertained" here.

That's pretty much where I'm at as well. I'm not philosophically opposed to any innovation the corps want to try, but if I find that I'm not enjoying the performances, I'm going to stop spending money on regionals, finals, DVDs, season pass, etc.