Why can't people just be humble?

Hop came to our rehearsal once and made a few changes. We kept a few, scrapped a few, but at least he offered his advice.

He deserves more credit than most people give him. I think that quote was seriously taken out of context.

Besides...nobody says anything about Jeff Fiedler out at rehearsal cleaning Cavies drill...

On a different topic. I was also reading Hops blog and came across one dealing with his daughter....

Is Alice in Wonderland Hops real life daughter? Or did I completely misread that?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, where is his journal at again?

EDIT: Found it nevermind

Edited by Musical_Spinner

Maybe I am wrong in my translation of his blog, but all of the rehearsals I have witnessed (including one this year) Hop has been on the scaffold or in the box area and at times barking out things that need fixed or things he sees that need improving. <**>

Why isn't he giving that kind of attention to Bones???????

I think your translation is wrong. I make no excuses for GH but he was saying, he gave up that job because there are people who do it better.

You also have to remember he is the director of The Cadets. The Crossmen have a great staff and director. I'm pulling for them to pull off a hail mary and make finals.

You also have to remember he is the director of The Cadets. The Crossmen have a great staff and director. I'm pulling for them to pull off a hail mary and make finals.

Yep -- he is Dir of Cadets, but he is also the Exec Director of YEA! YEA's own text on its "About YEA" page reads as follows:

While amassing a long and storied tradition, YEA! groups have been recognized as World Champions in various disciplines. Over 750 members have had the experience of winning gold medals for their performances, quite possibly an honor they would not be able to realize in any other part of their lives.

YEA! invites the world of tomorrow and makes a huge difference in the lives of thousands of young people each year. Within the programs of YEA! young people gain an edge. They learn to cooperate, they learn to set goals, they work long and hard and they learn what it takes to be a success!

While some think this topic is ridiculous, a good part of my point on this is a simple question: Do young people gain an edge within the programs of YEA? (Look at YEA's philosophy above) And if Hop is the head honcho, what is he doing to propagate this?

In previous postings a while back, I threw out thoughts about how Crossmen seem not to be as successful as thay could be under YEA's umbrella. One only has to look at the jumps Crown took after separating from YEA a few years back.

Simply put -- George Hopkins is Exec Director of YEA! The responsiblity of the success of ALL organizations under YEA's umbrella falls on him. If he's too busy worrying about Cadets Ensemble rehearsals, and being involved and "hands on" with them, other parts of the organization will suffer. Hop's Blog appears on the Cadets link on YEA's web page. Nothing associated with Hop appears on Crossmen's pages with regard to staff, and no "Hop's Blog" on Bones pages....

To use an NFL analogy -- if the team loses on Sunday, no one ultimately blames the offensive or defensive coordinators -- they throw the mic at the head coach.

i do think he didnt say it the way he meant it. he can be full of ego, but he truly respects his staff's ability.

i think it's a case of his typing skills catching up with him again

I am not involved nor ever been a part of YEA but I do think the organization has merits. I also think that maybe the Cadets do get more of his attention but lets be honest GH has been their corp director for a long time and had a lot to do with creating what the Cadets are. I think the merger, if you can call it that, with the rest of YEA was to help all organizations involved. I also view it from the outside as the Cadets are the A or senior corp with Crossmen being a very good corps but somewhat as a development. I also see how the Blog can be taken in the wrong context but really doubt that was the intention of the message and that he entrusts his current as well as future Hall of Fame staff to get the job done while he deals mostly with the Admin side.

This was not meant to degrade Crossmen in anyway just how I see the organization from the outside.