It's that time again...

The Great Outdoors

with themes from

- The Moldeau - Smetana

- Symphony 2 - Sibelius

- Symphony 5 - Sibelius

- A Walk to the Paradise Garden - Delius

Shoot, you can do it with the Sibelius alone. His stuff makes me want to run in a meadow... :) Slightly off-topic, Sibelius's Symphony 5 has the most absurd ending to a symphony EVER.

Fate

with themes from

- Church Windows - Respighi

- Death and Transfiguration - R. Strauss

- Symphony 8 - Bruckner

- Symphony 9 - Bruckner

Winter Dreams

- Symphony 1 - Tchaikovsky

Other good stuff:

Mysterious Mountain - Hovhaness

Symphony in D minor - R. Strauss

Danzon No. 4 - Marquez

Encuentros - Zyman

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to just have a jazz show with four kickin classics...anything wrong with that?

I'd love to just have a jazz show with four kickin classics...anything wrong with that?

Everything.

No, that'd be good.

I have a show idea for madison scouts that would win back all their lost fans.....MAMBO KINGS!!! This show has madison written all over and would be perfect for them, but sadly next year will most likely be some kind of show named madisonic super forces or something along those lines.

:blink::blink::blink::worthy:

Sinfonietta by Leos Janacek (Mvmt 1,2,3,5)

Corps that could do it: Phantom, Glassmen, SCV, Crown, BK, BAC, SW. Very cool music, lots of MELODY and THEMES, and a lot of notes. Sounds a lot like some Dvorak stuff. Super intense inner movements could work well on the field.

Hahaha, I recommended this after my senior year in HS, when, yeah my HS played it. I would love to see Phantom do it.

-I want to see a corps play PDQ Bach, just as a light alternative. A lot of corps have been going with darker shows lately....lets have some fun.

-Prokofiev, please please please.

Anyone ever play Feste Romane aka Roman Festivals by Respighi? It's easily the most ignored piece of the trio.

Other than that I am happy, I am a Shostakovich man and Phantom Regiment pretty much has me covered there.

GODZILLA EATS LAS VEGAS!

by the cadets, or vk if they come back.

Hopkins and Cadets Staff were actually thinking of Whitacre's "Godzilla Eats Las Vegas" in 2004 for their 2005 show, so I hear from a few people I know that were in the Cadets at that time. They obviously opted out of it....somehow it was too weird? No, seriously, I think it would be a fun show, but I think the Cadets are going to go Title Style and perform something they know will win the championships. This show could have the potential, but Hop probably won't do it...suggest it on the blog and see what he says...