Staff merrigoround

The Blue Devils aren't amazing enough for you? I'm sure Dave Glyde is crushed.

Ugh, REALLY?

He was already with them. Just getting a promotion from Percussion arranger.

There's actually a lot of continuity in the Crossmen design staff for next year.

Yes, he's been with Crossmen for 5 years already. I wish him great success.

The Blue Devils aren't amazing enough for you? I'm sure Dave Glyde is crushed.

On this front, they don't apply. Not that any of them would be crushed either way. As I understand it, David Glyde is at the centerpiece of a musical collaboration. This is why are there 4 credited arrangers for BD. I don't consider BD to be doing what is described. It's not the same as what Reeves was doing. It's not the same as what Bruce McConnell used to do. BD are a collaboration. With amazing results. Credit to David Glyde for being the center of their amazing musical efforts. If BD was just David Glyde, then we'd be there already. But we are not.

But, as long as we can shoehorn a thread into BD territory...

Edited by mingusmonk

Heading to MA?

Wherever he ends up is a lucky place. He taught me over 5 years ago and he is passionate about what he does. One day he called us in and told us that no matter what we do we would never get the score due to our name and how we deserved better than what the judges gave us. After that he started crying and you can see his passion. Todd has done a great job everywhere he has been and I hope the best for him.

I'm sorry, but that story doesn't inspire me. Everyone who is now at the top was once a bottom feeder in Finals - and in their rise to the top, none of them took the attitude that the world was against them, so they were screwed.

Bluntly, maybe you didn't get the scores your corps wanted because other corps marched better.

Way to poop on his story..

• Like 5

Sorry, I couldn't stand Boston's show this year. I do like edgy designs, but I saw that show live 4 times this season and it was 4 times too many. Mike is used to having success so I'm not surprised to see this when it didn't go his way. I'm looking forward to what Boston does next!

Agreed. The design - especially visual - let the membership and organization down big time

Way too much ego and way too little talent and common sense was apparent in the design... all IMHO of course!

It was like a master-class in bad decision making :)

• Like 2