West Chester Work-it-Out

so much for that

He was speculating because he wasn't there. Cadets won visual proficiency so not sure where the discussion come from.

I find that approach much less effective but that's just my personal opinion of course. I think the brass judge made himself pretty clear tonight.

Clearly noone is on Crown's level, save for BD being a bit back. It was more to help understand what you're hearing and thats its not necessarily because they are weak or doing something incorrectly, its more of a style choice in the writing. And while I totally love the power and energy of a loud hornline, its also nice hearing things more transparent and clear at times as well.

Crown is the only group, IMO that can reach both levels of this spectrum and its why they are clearly at the top these days. We certainly agree completely on that! :smile:

Edited by trumpetcam

74.350 Jersey Surf
80.90 Colts/Spirit of Atlanta
83.15 Crossmen
86.00 Blue Stars
92.20 Cavaliers
93.40 Carolina Crown
94.05 Bluecoats
94.95 Cadets

It's a strong year for drums this year. I feel like Crown would've scored a bit higher last year if they had the drum book and line that they have this year.

I do as well. But I also think it may have something to do with tuning.