Cadets 2017

42 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Cappy, you know the Cadets thread becomes a blog of numerous unrelated rants, raves, opinions, sermons and witch hunts. Oh I think I just gave two corps shows away. 

Nah, you just gave 4 shows away!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tobias said:

More Cadets Brass to Crown than anywhere else. (4). BD got (2). Very few followed Gino to Boston. Most vets just sitting out and I suspect you may get a few jumping back to Cadets if spots open due to injury. No offense but if they were leaving Cadets, it was going to be for a top corps. BAC will be strong IMO this season, but not top 3. I think we see BAC become a threat to top 5 in 2018. Certainly laying the foundation to become a powerhouse. 

THIS, and THIS!

Not going to lie, I'm kinda excited that so many people seem to be counting out the Cadets. You look at the prediction thread and there's not much love (and understandably so...I get it). But it feels like the Cadets are an underdog, which is certainly different. Hope the members feel that too and use it as a source of energy. I think they will be hungry 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

Not going to lie, I'm kinda excited that so many people seem to be counting out the Cadets. You look at the prediction thread and there's not much love (and understandably so...I get it). But it feels like the Cadets are an underdog, which is certainly different. Hope the members feel that too and use it as a source of energy. I think they will be hungry 

It's better to underpromise and over deliver. The staff and members are certainly hungry to push this corps back up. 

• Like 1

Cadets move into Spring Training on Thursday May 18th - 4 days away! Johnstown PA (University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown)

They remain in PA thru Sunday June 4th

Then Ada OH June 4th thru June 20th (Ohio Northern University) (New uniforms may be debuted at this performance?)

Both ST segments typically end with a "community performance" of some sort

On Thursday June 22nd they appear in Indianapolis IN at LOS at the DCI Tour Premiere Event - where they meet up with Carolina Crown, Bluecoats, Cavaliers etc..

That Saturday the corps appears in OH and Boston Crusaders will join the fray - allowing the first head-to-head comparison with the corps that has much of it's old music staff

From there the corps heads thru a show in Pittsburgh and then onto Allentown for a couple rehearsal days on their home show on June 30th

Should be a fun and exciting time to be a Cadets fan!

Saw C2 at the Buccaneers' indoor concert last night. Cool show, with more to come (I would presume), since it ended rather abruptly. Should be another good season ahead for them.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Saw C2 at the Buccaneers' indoor concert last night. Cool show, with more to come (I would presume), since it ended rather abruptly. Should be another good season ahead for them.

Excellent news! One of the drummers in the band I arrange for and teach, a senior, is playing snare in C2.

• Like 2