Rockford Files - Show of Shows

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

IMO, we had three gold medal shows last year. 

Agreed.

Music City ahead of Legends by 1.6, I see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hirsbrunner said:

Vanguard has got to figure out GE if they want to have a hope. A .8 spread from Coats in GE caption alone, that's like the judges saying they aren't in the same league as far as effect. 

I'd say that the standards of evaluation in the activity are in a pretty sad shape when you can win brass, percussion, and guard, and STILL possibly not even medal.  IMO, of course.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hirsbrunner said:

Vanguard has got to figure out GE if they want to have a hope. A .8 spread from Coats in GE caption alone, that's like the judges saying they aren't in the same league as far as effect. 

I brought a first-timer, dancer friend to Riverside last weekend, former member of a dance troupe called Diavolo.  His observation was that from an artistic standpoint Devils had a kitchen sink approach and SCV was more restrained.  Sounds like the judges equate "more" with better GE.  

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, LoveKathyG said:

I brought a first-timer, dancer friend to Riverside last weekend, former member of a dance troupe called Diavolo.  His observation was that from an artistic standpoint Devils had a kitchen sink approach and SCV was more restrained.  Sounds like the judges equate "more" with better GE.  

Range of performance styles is on the sheet. 

47 minutes ago, hughesmr said:

I'd say that the standards of evaluation in the activity are in a pretty sad shape when you can win brass, percussion, and guard, and STILL possibly not even medal.  IMO, of course.

So they're technically proficient but don't have the greatest amount of overall effect. Design usually trumps performance. 

• Like 1

I do find it amusing the people trying to explain the close spread by Bloo's bad run. Or that content scores apparently mean nothing. Lol. 

Not the biggest fan of SCV's show this year unfortunately but I'm really happy to see how competitive they are

Me personally, I think SCV is going to fall short because of their design team's inability to design a GE packed show, and I think it's a race between Bloo and BD, but we'll see how things go. 

• Like 3