hazing/misconduct

9 minutes ago, Icer said:

The avenue I preferred was exactly what they eventually did - go public with their accusations.  Within 24 hours GH had resigned. If you believe that the door was shut because of finances (which have nothing to do with sexual assault) then it should be clear to you that going public was the ONLY way something was going to happen. And if you believe as I do that the problem was in the restrictions imposed by the law, then you come to the same conclusion. 

If you want to call that blaming the victim then there is no persuading you. The fact that you even raise the issue of financial management makes me think that you have an agenda that has nothing to do with the victims. 

Finances have nothing to do with sexual assault? Think of the cost involved.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

What GH did to the activity as far as design, electronics etc etc,

Well Nixon may have done a few good things himself, I voted for him!!

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

,Well Nixon may have done a few good things himself, I voted for him!!

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Well Nixon may have done a few good things himself, I voted for him!!

did he? JK..lol

However one wants to look at it, you are actually right. Often some really bad things done by a person for sure overshadows any good done.

It takes a lot to build a  good reputation and only 1 thing to bring it down.

Edited by GUARDLING

19 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Well I have not but can. If the issues placed on dci doorstep recently isn't a heads up I doubt someone like me pointing to the oblivious would make a difference. However to cover ones bases to insure all concerned are aware and not just being blindsided is not a bad thing. Maybe we all need to cut out a paper heart write down our concerns, send them to dci and see what happens.

To be clear, my question wasn't meant as a criticism of anyone here. I was just curious if DCI had responded to anyone.

2 hours ago, Icer said:

You have no idea what you are saying. Blaming the victim is when people say things like "Well what was she doing in that position", or "Look what she was wearing", or "She must have done something to cause this".  Everyone has the right to control exactly when and where they choose to have a physical relationship, no means no, and there is no in between. That's what not blaming the victim means. For any incidents of assault, the victims deserve enequivocal sympathy, full stop  

But being a victim doesn't give carte Blanche to everything that follows, and one's actions have consequences. If one of them had walked into the offices and beaten the accused to a pulp I suppose some might cheer, but the police would certainly take a different positon. The accusers made a tactical decision and attempted to get YEA to remove the executive director on the basis of an anonymous letter through an intermediary. Had the organization done as they wished it would likely have ceased to exist, because it would have then been the subject of a wrongful termination lawsuit, which it would have lost. Don't take my word for this. Go ask any lawyer what would happen to an organization that fired an employee on the basis of an email with no names. 

I will grant you that perhaps the accusers believed they were doing what was best for all involved, but what they actually did was to create a whole host of collateral damage in the organization, which was caught in an impossible situation where they could neither move forward or backward. 

You are entitled to your opinion, but the law restricts people's actions and that seems fairly clear. So let's leave the inflammatory rhetoric aside. It is possible to have 100% sympathy for a blameless victim while still believing there was a much better sequence of actions to obtain justice. 

That bolded portion --- wrong. The organization can choose to address issues that are obviously wrong. Not impossible and SOMETIMES it is a good thing to not "move forward or backward". Sure you realize we are discussing the safety / welfare of minors and young adults. 

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yes.  Got an acknowledgement email in response.  

Same here. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

It takes a lot to build a  good reputation and only 1 thing to bring it down.

Agreed a lot of us knew GH, Jim and I would run into him at DCA where he was a little more at ease. We gave him the business about things (not recent issues) he would post on his book face page saying how much fun our encounters were. We're all disappointed but now more so with the lack of proper resolve can't change the past. Oh by the way was just fibbing about voting for Nixon!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Agreed a lot of us knew GH, Jim and I would run into him at DCA where he was a little more at ease. We gave him the business about things (not recent issues) he would post on his book face page saying how much fun our encounters were. We're all disappointed but now more so with the lack of proper resolve can't change the past. Oh by the way was just fibbing about voting for Nixon!!

lol..:smile:i know..i think..BUT point was taken

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Haha 1