Santa Clara Vanguard...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet Gail is very pleased with the loyalty to the spirit of SCV this show displays.

Thanks for the goosebumps

:tongue::tongue::rock:

Can a brother get an AMEN from the people!

AMEN!

People in Vegas

I'm one of the show's naysayers primarily because I see a lacking visual design compared to the other top dogs, however, I think they've found a comfortable design in which they can become very clean and show off their good parts. The show is very mature and I like that.

BRING BACK THE WHITE SHOES....THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

I have a lot of respect for Jeff Fiedler and their design team this year. The past few years, SCV has put some very promising drill and music on the field, but then been unable to refine and clean that into a top shelf show. Obviously this year they made a conscious decision to step back, do a show that would really connect with the audience, and a show that they could perform at an extremely high level. Smart move, and it seems to be paying off for them.

I hope that this year is the first step on a path that leads them back to the top. I would absolutely love to see a championship-caliber show with the kind of drill they've fielded in the past, married to the level of elegance and musicality they're demonstrating this year.

For those who never saw a show in the 80's, SCV gives you glimpse of that wonderful era. It's retro infused with modern at the same time. Most of all it is sophisticated, stylish, and classy all rolled into one.

That's true. And the same goes for Cadets this year if you ask me.