All Time Top 10

Thanks Frank

I was busy playing my horn that year... '78 was my last year on the field playing...

I was 4 years old in '78.

:unhappy:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scores shmores...

i was 9

:thumbup:

HA, I WAS 11...........I FEEL YOUNG FOR JUST ONE MINUTE................................................................OK, I'M BACK TO FEELING OLD :unhappy:

Edited by hardcoremello

That was a year where the corps were head to head all year with a couple of positions swaps near the end. I think we pushed each other so hard that we all rose to the occasion - thus the high scores.

Honest to God...not kidding here....I heard talk back then that the scoresheets in 1977 were based on a 102 or 105-point system.....not the 100-point system of other years.

I'm wondering if that was just an urban legend.

Does anyone out there in DCP Land have access to the DCA scoring rules for that season?

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

HA, I WAS 11...........I FEEL YOUNG FOR JUST ONE MINUTE................................................................OK, I'M BACK TO FEELING OLD :shutup:

You are a youngun! In 1978 I was 26 yrs old and playing a Ramada Inn in Westchester Rt.9,

Ossining, just north of NYC! The chef at the hotel was an Alumni of Skyliners, If memory serves me well.

Edited by hairbear

thanks for putting in Phoenix,(skylinersop)...the best year of my drum corps life,,and one the best years overall as I look back

Edited by zarblap

Honest to God...not kidding here....I heard talk back then that the scoresheets in 1977 were based on a 102 or 105-point system.....not the 100-point system of other years.

I'm wondering if that was just an urban legend.

Does anyone out there in DCP Land have access to the DCA scoring rules for that season?

Fran

I remember when I came into DCA in 1973 that the scoring was based on the 105 point system. Don't remember how it worked nor did it matter much.

I remember when I came into DCA in 1973 that the scoring was based on the 105 point system. Don't remember how it worked nor did it matter much.

Correct you are Frankie ... DCA (starting in 71 or 72) had a 5 point "penalty" bucket, where penalites were deducted from ... captions were judged the same ... the 5 points (or what was left after penalties) was then added to the score at the end ... hmmm ... now that I think of it, they should have called it a "bonus" bucket ... LOL ... not sure when it ended ... maybe someone remembers the history of the sheets ... or, can post some recaps for those years ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

That was a year where the corps were head to head all year with a couple of positions swaps near the end. I think we pushed each other so hard that we all rose to the occasion - thus the high scores.

I thought there was an unwritten rule in the late 70s that the winning DCA score had to be higher than the winning DCI score. :shutup: Forget if it held true but some people swore on it.

LOL and I hit the big 2-0 that August...

I graduated HS and enlisted in the Army. Gee Dave, you're a puppy.

I was 4 years old in '78.

:shutup: