Absolute LOUDEST show of all time !

Surprised nobody's mentioned 1992 SCV yet.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2002 cavaliers

I give the Cavies credit. That was the best brass section they've ever put out, but was it loud much less the loudest? No. Spirit 1980 hands down :thumbup:

nothing after 2000 belongs on this list. sorry.

I dunno. Crown's getting close to old school loud :thumbup:

Blue Devils "When a man loves a woman." Someone will have to help me with the year.

IIRC that would be 92.

BD 85 just ripped my face off.

1984 Blue Devils. OMG! La Fiesta left my ears ringing. I first saw this show in Glenwood Springs. Small Stadium, maybe 15 feet from stands to front sideline. When BD cranked up the finale of La Fiesta the crowd reaction was incredible. I never heard a crowd that small get that loud. Incredible! :thumbup::shutup::worthy:

Thanks....we certainly tried! Early rehearsal season....we were going to drop to both knees before that last blast and Steve Sanger actually told us at that point to "forget everything you know about musicality and just play as loud as you %#$%# can!"

Obviously, we tapered that back a touch!

84 Madison was a wall of sound.

07 Cadets....the loudest Bb line I've ever heard...hands down.

Madison 75, 77 or Spirit 80.

hmmmm

the end of Let It Be Me called the show...Spirit 80 wins

1980 Spirit of Atlanta's breathing exercises were louder than Cavaliers 2002. You really have had to be there.

I really had to think about all the great Madison(70's & 80's), Blue Devils (79,82, 84) and Cadet (05, 07)horn lines I've heard over the years.

Edited by boxingfred

Well, it asks " absolute loudest of all time " and I know this is the Junior Corps side, but I have to tell you, imo, it doesn't come from the Junior Corps side. It comes from the Senior side, and frankly none of the others come close :

1975 NY SKYLINERS.

(my runner ups.. 75 Madison Scouts... 78 Bayonne Bridgemen....2002 San Francisco Renegades.... 80 Spirit of Atlanta.)

I give the Cavies credit. That was the best brass section they've ever put out, but was it loud much less the loudest? No. Spirit 1980 hands down :thumbup:

Ha ha, I was being sarcastic because that was one of the most reserved. =P It was apparently lost on all.