256 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes, I would walk away if DCI reverted to 80s/90s type shows
    • No, I would not walk away if DCI reverted to 80s/90s type shows

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love for Drum Corps to bo back to '80s and 90's style performances.

Nope, and I actually would go to every show I could in the midwest. BTW, as a side note, is it me or do some people here seem offended the poll is so one sided?

Nope, and I actually would go to every show I could in the midwest. BTW, as a side note, is it me or do some people here seem offended the poll is so one sided?

I think it's just you.

I'm not the only fan my age that appreciate and watch a lot of shows from the '80s and '90s. I would rather march a fast pace show from this era but I have a lot of respect for the past and no doubt prefer those shows musically. I, in general, detest the sound of synths (on the field, they're not so bad indoors) and overbearing amplified pits, and no way would I ever want DCI to incorporate woodwinds at all. I'm not offended and I don't think anyone here is.

That and this poll just proves that most people wouldn't walk away from DCI. It doesn't mean that 85% of the people here want that but that 85% wouldn't give up the activity under these circumstances. Some people here are being dicks like usual but there isn't a conspiracy against older DCI shows by young people.

Edited by Abbevillekid26

I think it's just you.

I'm not the only fan my age that appreciate and watch a lot of shows from the '80s and '90s. I would rather march a fast pace show from this era but I have a lot of respect for the past and no doubt prefer those shows musically. I, in general, detest the sound of synths (on the field, they're not so bad indoors) and overbearing amplified pits, and no way would I ever want DCI to incorporate woodwinds at all. I'm not offended and I don't think anyone here is.

That and this poll just proves that most people wouldn't walk away from DCI. It doesn't mean that 85% of the people here want that but that 85% wouldn't give up the activity. Some people here are being dicks like usual but there isn't a conspiracy against older DCI shows by young people.

85% won't give up on the activity depending on the circumstances. I think the woodwinds poll showed that they would leave under those circumstances .... whereas reverting back to the 80's and 90's sounds like a really good deal for the fans. I'll be first in line to see shows that have less emphasis on jazz running and 2 minute ballads full of body movement. Gimme the beefy brass charts, let the drummers throw down .. turn down the amps and let it rip! Heckz yeah I'm down with that.

85% won't give up on the activity depending on the circumstances. I think the woodwinds poll showed that they would leave under those circumstances .... whereas reverting back to the 80's and 90's sounds like a really good deal for the fans. I'll be first in line to see shows that have less emphasis on jazz running and 2 minute ballads full of body movement. Gimme the beefy brass charts, let the drummers throw down .. turn down the amps and let it rip! Heckz yeah I'm down with that.

You're right I didn't specify that, I'll change that now.