2011 Phantom Regiment Guard

As a fellow colorguard male member, I love the fact that they are going back to an all female guard, because there was always something beautiful and strong about the Phantom girls that set them apart from all other guards. I have studied and watched just about every show Phantom Regiment has done since it's existence. They had a presence that was all their own and no one could replicate it. They were some of the most cleanest and toughest girls out there. I have friends that march phantom and i wanted to audition but decided to march Madison Scouts because i wanted to keep my masculine identity unlike all of the other corps who have men in them and the men look like women.

I'm glad they are doing this because, i'm tired of seeing unisex guards and it's time for them to really step up and bring that Phantom Regiment Colorguard swagger back, because it's been surpressed by the men and they need to take charge of that.

And who cares whether or not they are gonna be all female. As long as they are entertaining the crowd and not to the judges then i'm ok with whatever they do.. Go Phantom Regiment!!

I AM SOOOOOOO :thumbup: !!!!!!!!!

As a fellow colorguard male member, I love the fact that they are going back to an all female guard, because there was always something beautiful and strong about the Phantom girls that set them apart from all other guards. I have studied and watched just about every show Phantom Regiment has done since it's existence. They had a presence that was all their own and no one could replicate it. They were some of the most cleanest and toughest girls out there. I have friends that march phantom and i wanted to audition but decided to march Madison Scouts because i wanted to keep my masculine identity unlike all of the other corps who have men in them and the men look like women.

I'm glad they are doing this because, i'm tired of seeing unisex guards and it's time for them to really step up and bring that Phantom Regiment Colorguard swagger back, because it's been surpressed by the men and they need to take charge of that.

And who cares whether or not they are gonna be all female. As long as they are entertaining the crowd and not to the judges then i'm ok with whatever they do.. Go Phantom Regiment!!

this is more of the attitude that's needed!

My only concern in all of this is that I wish sabres went the way of the Dodo bird. I can't see them. They make everyone look like Mime's (they must be using sabres because I see no equipment. )

LOL, good point!

The greatest colorguard of all time was all female.
And what color guard was that?

Knowing G, I'm guessing he's referring to 27th Lancers. And I agree with him!

Edited by byline

i wonder how many people who are happy with the all female guard would be equally happy if phantom announced that based on the design for the 2011 show, they will only allow males in the horn line...

Me.

I don't care what the gender is.

It' didn't bother me before when just about all Corps had all male brass lines, and all female guards, so if ONE Corps elected to do his now, it wouldn't bother me. We've already got brass lines in Corps that exclude females. What's one more ?' Not sure why it would bother others here either if one more Corps wanted to experiment with excluding females in a brass line, and males in the guard . Those who are for " change " would no doubt be ok with this too. " Change " is good, they tell us.

Edited by BRASSO

step 10 of improvement plan: start our weakest caption with a competitive disadvantage

fascinating

Why utter what appears to be such a sexist comment ?

Absent any knowledge of what the talent level will be in the all female guard, why are females... by their gender alone in your view..... going to be automatically beset with " a competitive disadvantage " ?

step 10 of improvement plan: start our weakest caption with a competitive disadvantage

fascinating

IMHO...

If you do not pick the 40 best PEOPLE that try out for spots in your guard then you are creating a competetive disadvantage for yourself. So let's say that you design a show around dance music from the 40's, You want your guard to be split 50/50 male and female for your big dance numbers... but maybe that isn't the gender specific way that try outs went, due to the pool of talent that showed up... Then what? That is a competetive disadvantage... Now on the other side of the arguement... By making the announcement early Phantom may get a BUNCH of OUTSTANDING young women to try out just because they want to be in an all female guard, the talent pool again could be changed from what would be normally expected without said announcement. Who knows how it will pan out! Good Luck to all corps next season...