Good News for West Coasters

Sure there was... It just wasn't a point of contention! Each and every year there were 7 corps that placed higher than the rest at Nats! :thumbup:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^---Your contradicting emoticons confuse me. :thumbup:

well, I'm sure they will do fine compared to Santa Clara "We don't have the full show on the field until July 10" Vanguard.

Perhaps this might be one of the reasons they have not challenged for a championship since 1999? Though seeing 99 live was a great experience.

Seattle?? I hope so. George mentioned Seattle specifically in his quote. I hope that is a reality. World class corps (all corps if I am not mistaken) have not made it to Seattle in several years now and it really stinks.

I hope so too and that the schedule is published before Superbowl so I can print it and bring it to the party. We get together that time of year going on 33 years now. They might say "Where should we go this year?" Seattle, Stanford and Denver would be nice. Then we'll tell our DC friends in AB and BC...and go from there.

George is bringing The Cadets west for the good of the activity. Period.

You can't be serious.

I believe when Phantom was last west, it did not harm the corps financially.

If memory serves Phantom was half a million in debt a few years back. They've fixed that issue, but it was an issue. Touring extensively could have been part of the mounting debt.

If memory serves Phantom was half a million in debt a few years back. They've fixed that issue, but it was an issue. Touring extensively could have been part of the mounting debt.

Yeah.. if these and corps can do it and still keep their budgets in check, good for them. OTOH, all we seem to see everywhere is rising dues (pricing more and more kids out of being able to do drum corps) and rhetoric from some leaders that the current model doesnt provide them enough money.. those both have to make you wonder if the best course of action would be a more conservative tour, not a more extravagant one.

What year had less than 7 corps in finals? :thumbup:

Go back in your archives and find me a citation, prior to all the G7 stuff, that makes reference to the "top 7." I'll wait. We talk about the top 12. The top 5 was and is always a marker. But never the "top 7." Which is quite a bit different than 7 corps in finals. So, I stand by my statement, there was no such thing as a "top 7" being bandied about prior to the G7.

Edited by JohnZ
personal attack removed - jZ

Go back in your archives and find me a citation, prior to all the G7 stuff, that makes reference to the "top 7." I'll wait. We talk about the top 12. The top 5 was and is always a marker. But never the "top 7." Which is quite a bit different than 7 corps in finals. So, I stand by my statement, there was no such thing as a "top 7" being bandied about prior to the G7.

Actually, I now realize that I'm fully responsible for the entire G7 fiasco. I was the one preaching the past 4 or 5 years how the top 7 are now elite corps and not just the top 3. Guilty as charged. I guess this lets George off the hook.

Then again, I have been harping that 9 or 10 corps should be busting 90 at finals ... so maybe it should have been the G10 ....... just sayin.

Whooo Hoooo! I'm thrilled to see them come out to the PNW this summer! :thumbup: