So far, I'm not really liking 2011

Let me cheer you up.

12 world class corps have not made any official announcement of their repertoire or show title. And of the corps that shared some information it is barely enough to gauge if a show will be "good" or "bad" or "indifferent". Also, ALL 23 World corps have not even completed their 2011 drum corps shows let alone solidified their designs. And absolutely no one knows what these 2011 productions will look like or sound...

All good points.

I've lost count of how many times over many, many years I've heard about a given corps' program for an upcoming season and thought "nope, I don't think that's going to work".... and then when I saw that corps that season, I ended up liking their show.

• Like 1

Who's June?

2009_06.png

• Like 1

Here's someone who has seen zero performances from a drum corps season that is 2.5/3 months away from even beginning. There have been very few public recordings from corps camps released, and roughly HALF of the WC corps have made zero announcement regarding their show theme and/or rep. There have certainly been zero videos showing visual design.

Yet here we have someone astute enough to already form an opinion, good or bad, about show designs for the upcoming season.

Absolutely amazing... :rolleyes:

True enough. But I ask you... what's the difference between this poster's opinion here in March on shows that arn't announced yet, and prediction threads made around Christmas or earlier on shows not announced yet, and where camps havn't even started ? I don't see much of a difference here, and near as I can tell, posters give their opinion with placement predictions, but with no animus, ridicule, nor attack, when they give them...and as it should be too, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

Who's June?

The one with the Beaver that Ward is so hard on ?

• Like 4

Let me cheer you up.

12 world class corps have not made any official announcement of their repertoire or show title. And of the corps that shared some information it is barely enough to gauge if a show will be "good" or "bad" or "indifferent". Also, ALL 23 World corps have not even completed their 2011 drum corps shows let alone solidified their designs. And absolutely no one knows what these 2011 productions will look like or sound...

well...there's part of the problem. Almost April and 12 corps have no announced anything. Tickets are going on sale now....and people don't want to spend the $$ then be unhappy. You used to be able to read DCW in january, see what a corps was playing and be waiting by the mailbox for the flyer to come in the mail. I can see why people may not be enthused at this late date.

yes I know licensing plays a part now and may slow things up. but in the last 5/6 years, it's gotten ridiculous how long corps wait to announce the show.

• Like 3

well...there's part of the problem. Almost April and 12 corps have no announced anything. Tickets are going on sale now....and people don't want to spend the $$ then be unhappy. You used to be able to read DCW in january, see what a corps was playing and be waiting by the mailbox for the flyer to come in the mail. I can see why people may not be enthused at this late date.

yes I know licensing plays a part now and may slow things up. but in the last 5/6 years, it's gotten ridiculous how long corps wait to announce the show.

bitd (way back when) announcements were made in June after May long weekend camps and shows you'd see early July were 'revised' by August; so when you go to the next show, surprise!

• Like 2