2011 Uniforms

I thought I saw somewhere that the white parts of The Cavies uni were going to black (i.e gauntlets, aussie, wings, collar) or did I hear that wrong?

I like Academy's new uniforms. In this day and age where so many uniforms look like they came from the same pattern (because honestly they did), I think they look sharp!

I agree with you here. Maybe it's the costumer in me, but I love seeing something different and not just a variation on the same theme. And, there's something about the wing-tip collar and the tails that says Bach's little Fugue, to me! From what I've "heard" so far, these unis will very much suit the fabulous opening movement.

I am also very excited to see the guard unis......(!) :thumbup:

GO Academy!!

• Like 1

I thought I saw somewhere that the white parts of The Cavies uni were going to black (i.e gauntlets, aussie, wings, collar) or did I hear that wrong?

I am pretty sure that in one of their videos posted on that one video site showed the uniforms with folded-over portions, attempting to limit how dirty the white portions of their uniforms get during transport/travel.

4deeb5095372b.image.jpg

I wish troop would have a yellow cummerbund that connects the sash and the drop down sash. I think it would give it a more complete look. If someone has photoshop and could add that to the picture for a visual that would be great!

connecting the line of yellow along with making the shape of the yellow parts somewhat consistent would help a lot.

the different shades of blue are what don't make sense to me, though.

I like the Academy's new unis well enough, but the shoulder buttons take it from "genteel" to "mariachi.". Otherwise I think they're a welcomed upgrade for them.

Cavies don't seem to have changed at all. Whew...

Troopers... I don't think they need a full on cummerbund as much as they need a pinstripe of yellow edging the bottom of the jacket. Like the one on the pants. But it looks like they just retrofitted the jackets from last year, so you work with what you have. Definitely an improvement nonetheless.

Mike

4deeb5095372b.image.jpg

I wish troop would have a yellow cummerbund that connects the sash and the drop down sash. I think it would give it a more complete look. If someone has photoshop and could add that to the picture for a visual that would be great!

I agree that your proposal would look better for the individual, I think this look will look better from up top. It looks it provides the same benefits as black pants.

It may take a little getting used to, but I really like it (although I could do with a little color added in. Maybe in the tie?)! Definitely not a "cookie-cutter" uni! I can't tell, are those tails on the jacket or is it a full cut? I'd like to see the DM and guard unis as well. Too bad I won't be seeing them live this year. sad.gif

260471_1594477720132_1781625017_1055643_989933_n.jpg

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. These look AMAZING!!!

• Like 5

connecting the line of yellow along with making the shape of the yellow parts somewhat consistent would help a lot.

the different shades of blue are what don't make sense to me, though.

They're not different shades of blue. It's just the lighting of the picture.

They're not different shades of blue. It's just the lighting of the picture.

i6y2ps.jpg

Is the right side of the uni black or dark blue?

if it's a dark blue, then i stand by my statement as is.

If it's black, then i guess i should amend my statment to be that i don't understand the blue on one side and the black on the ther.