Massillon, OH Show Thread

DCI Massillon (Pro Football Hall of Fame)  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Bluecoats / SCV -- who you got?

• Bluecoats baby!!! Is there any other way?
    • It's staircase madness! Eureeeeeeeeeeeeeeka!!!

Respect their privacy...when the situation allows for it, but not in public place paid for by the community taxes. In a private location no problem.

Not to butt in here, but this is not how it works. Schools are free to (and in some cases required to) close their doors to any visitors, for any reason. Else, any taxpayer could just walk into a school during school hours.

Leave Phantom alone, ok?

• Like 2

We Interupt This Regulaly Scheduled Arguement To Bring You Drum Corps.... Thank You:-)

Rain Rain Go Away Come To Texas Anyday!!

Let me ask then...why is there the need to be closed off?

Some ideas: 1) The staff wants the members as focused as possible for finals week. They've asked parents to respect their wish for closed rehearsals. My daughter is out there and I'd love to sit and watch her but you won't see me at a rehearsal. 2) The corps wants to add a few new tweaks without it being spread all over the internet. 3) They asked.

• Like 1

Who am I? An unpretentious fan of drum corps.

Entitled to something...no more than anyone else who might want to watch a great corps rehearse.

Respect their privacy...when the situation allows for it, but not in public place paid for by the community taxes. In a private location no problem.

I'm only responding one more time - and then back to the regular thread...

Corps pay a "facility use" fee - just like a sports team who would pay for field space. If you wanted to play football on the field at the time the league team had rented the field - you would be kicked off. PR paid a facility use fee to use the grounds and stadium. They have the right to admit or deny to anyone

PLUS as a drum corps "fan" you should just respect their desires and move on. IMHO :thumbup:

Unless things have changed, the schools are getting paid through the corps via DCI for housing. If I pay for the facility use, I think I have the right to close my rehearsals. Also, at every school I've ever taught, different organizations have closed rehearsals from time to time.

Want to watch Phantom during finals week? Wednesday they have an open house rehearsal 7 to 9. Go to it and enjoy. Otherwise, respect the corps and let them do their job. They paid to be there (both the corps and the members), so take your freeloading ### and buy a ticket to semis and finals and enjoy!

Wow..my freeloading###? Is that what you would say to anyone who watches a rehearsal? I never denied anyone access to a rehearsals, as I thought it was a nice compliment and a boost to the members knowing poeple liked to watch them so much. I do appreciate allowing me to watch PR at their open house. Very generous. But I think not and quite probaly never again.

• Like 2

Who am I? An unpretentious fan of drum corps.

Entitled to something...no more than anyone else who might want to watch a great corps rehearse.

dude, it's finals week.

If a corps wants to try to eliminate distractions or make some changes in the last week that they don't want leaked before the performance (whatever the reason) they can make it a closed rehearsal. From what I've seen they don't actually block anyone off or kick anyone out, they just announce that it is closed and don't announce their location.

You may be right that they technically can't be allowed to to keep people off public property even if they are paying for it, I'm not sure. Even so, not everybody is a jerk that looks for loopholes so they have an excuse to whine and complain about things. Some of us don't feel entitled to everything and respect other peoples and organizations wishes. This isn't about 'technicalities', it's what they would like. Stop being a jerk, and respect it.

• Like 3

Not to change the "so interesting" banter, but does anyone know if Boston is on the field and how the show is going?

• Like 1

Any word from the show? How's the weather holding out? Any news on Boston?

Some ideas: 1) The staff wants the members as focused as possible for finals week. They've asked parents to respect their wish for closed rehearsals. My daughter is out there and I'd love to sit and watch her but you won't see me at a rehearsal. 2) The corps wants to add a few new tweaks without it being spread all over the internet. 3) They asked.

Sounds like a reasonable request to me. No big deal. Good luck to all tonight.

• Like 1

Any word from the show? How's the weather holding out? Any news on Boston?

+1

C'mon people! Let's not deviate into squabbles and fights.