What does Deborah Torchia have against the Cavaliers?

6 hours ago, TRacer said:

Q: What does DT have against the Cavies?

A: Easy! They can’t do hairflips! :w00t: :guinesssmilie:

Maybe if the CG added hair extensions they could...my eyes!!!! They buuuurnnnn!!!

Now you've got me thinking more about Cavs' closer this year.

11 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Yes: Judging is not about what I* would think of a specific design choice( In terms of style ) BUT has it come across as the designers intended and the MMs delivered....or not

I have heard the same thing about certain brass  judges where they don't like a corps approach to sound 

6 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

I have heard the same thing about certain brass  judges where they don't like a corps approach to sound 

Wait.

Judges aren't 100% objective ?

Can't be.

Next you'll be telling me Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny aren't real.

• Haha 3

You might actually be surprised how many drum corps go back over the history of a judge on every caption and look at their tendencies and preferences to either know what they like or to even have them removed from a panel. Lot's of smart people teaching and running drum corps now.

• Like 1

The fans seem to put the judging community in the impossible position of getting bagged on for "slotting" and there not being any movement with scores from night to night or they get bagged on for not being in lock step consistency from night to night by showing independence from previous panels or actually (SHOCKING) reacting to the performance of the night. Sorry people you can't have it both ways. Also, this idea that scores should increase EVERY night is absurd. If a corps has a worse performance 24 hours after their last they should not get a higher score just because of the calendar date.

Wild swings from scoring neighborhood to scoring neighborhood should be questioned. For example if someone sitting in the 9-12 neighborhood suddenly vaulted into the top 3 or crashed down into the 18-24 neighborhood but movement within those neighborhoods especially at the caption level shouldn't be shocking to anyone.  

In this case with the top 6 guards their "how" numbers are so close there very well could be a variance in their placement in that sub-caption by 2-4 spots based on the performance as it should be.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Cappybara said:

You and I are fighting a hopeless fight on DCP. It is amazing how much of this backwards attitude is present on here. Drumcorps Reddit may not have as much of a user base and real discussion as DCP, but at least you don’t find stupid statements like this on Reddit

Been trying to tell everyone all season. :147_information_desk_person:

3 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

I'm an engineer,not a music person so I don't know exactly what "approach to sound means".

My wife and I have had discussions with a few judges about being "objective" when judging music.

The question is,how can you objectively judge musical selections you don't like ?

For example ,if you like jazz,and a corps plays that style of music,you look at

it differently then a style you don't like.

To their credit,all the judges we've spoken to have said that is something you have to be cognizant of.

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I dream of the Santa Claus Vanguard and the Easter Bunny Mandrians they must be real, I still believe. 

4 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Wait.

Judges aren't 100% objective ?

Can't be.

No you’re thinking the tic era. Everything today is so spelled out the judges just have to follow what’s in the rule book to use the right “box”. (sarcasm)

Edited by JimF-LowBari