Marvelous Minneapolis

If Madison wanted a better time to go on, they shouldve done better last year.

All these Scouts fans need to get over the fact that they lost to the Cavaliers. If a corps who's consistently in the top 3 suddenly drops several placements in one season, you better believe they're going to do whatever it takes to get back up. They know how to take it to the next level of competition. Scouts on the other hand haven't even broken into the top 6. So it was only a matter of time before this happened.

Scouts are just flat better than cavaliers this year. YOU need to get over it. Scouts know what to do to bring it up a notch, too. They are being slotted like they are every year. And, BTW, the order of performance at Minneapolis should have NOT been determined by placements last year...that is why the Cavaliers moved ahead of the Scouts...the ONLY reason.

• Like 4

Crown went on 4th from the end and finished 2nd. BD went on 2nd from last, finished 1st.

And the Cadets, who went on LAST and should have benefited from your slotting theory, finished THIRD! :w00t:

Darn judges are so screwed up they can't even get slotting right...

...and Cavaliers got 8th :ph34r:

• Like 1

Why does anyone get infatuated with any corps, regardless of placement? Yes, Madison's average DCI finals placement over the years is sixth. However, if you look at the crowd favorites over the years, Madison is consistently at or near the top. It's not always about competitive placement, but about which corps captures the hearts of the fans in the stands.

Actually, if you want to see what the averages are, they're here in this DCP thread and reveal some surprises: Average placements and scores

Amen...Scouts are always the most entertaining corps, and the crowds always love them. That is the most important thing. And if DCI doesn't figure that out soon, they won't have any fans in the stands to pay their salaries.

• Like 3

the order of performance at Minneapolis should have NOT been determined by placements last year...that is why the Cavaliers moved ahead of the Scouts...the ONLY reason.

I 'm glad you cleared this up. I'm not a drummer, so for a moment there I was thinking that The Cavaliers in percussion performance last night ( 4th )finishing 6 places ahead of the Scouts ( 10th ) might have been some small factor too. How long you been playing drums by the way ? Just curious, mind you, no flame intended.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Amen...Scouts are always the most entertaining corps, and the crowds always love them. That is the most important thing. And if DCI doesn't figure that out soon, they won't have any fans in the stands to pay their salaries.

Really? :blink:

I've loved the Scouts more in the late 90s than I have now, but I've never had anything bad to say about them. But to sit here and say fans won't be in the stands because Scouts are the MOST ENTERTAINING corps is a bit of an overstatement, and deep down, you know that. Hell, look at Crown. They've been one of the most entertaining corps for years now and people love them just as much as Scouts. That's just one example.

• Like 3

Really?

Please quote the message where anyone says that. I'd like to read it.

As for Crown being dirty -- yep they still are -- but amazingly enough the corps who has no technique, can't march and play at the same time, and can never get anything clean was just 2 tenths back in VP last night. And yeah I can find all those quotes right in this thread :-) There's was even better stuff in the ZippyChat but I'm sure there's no history there.

I really don't see any Crown fans talking smack, acting like they've already won a title or any other silly antics. They're excited about a great show and happy to see their corps do well. And really haven't talked disrespectfully about any other corps.

And the corps itself: they're are too busy to cleaning the show to think about silly ##ssing contests. And they're thrilled to bring an exciting show to drum corps fans everywhere.

So you can invent all the "Crown talking smack" you like but no one's gonna buy any of it.

Oh ... and....

Get It Crown !!

worthy.gif